Creative - More Than White

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharong

Reaction score
Re following - Any body know if you can use More Than White on natural gel overlay. Would you put the MTW directly onto the natural nail.

Thanks for all the responses so far on the other bits.

Sharon

Hiya All

Just a quick question. Ive seen a few articles on how to use More Than WHite when using fibreglass or silk and was just wondering if you can use with gel.
I use IBD gel and would love to use but am not sure on whether i would need to apply thin layer gel before applying or if the principle is the same in that i apply More Than White to the tip then apply the gel.

Also can you use More Than White for natural gel overlays and if so would i need to put a coat of gel on first then More Than White then another coat gel. Otherwise i will be placing it directly on the nail before the gel!!

Hope this makes sense and i appreciate any response.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I too use IBD :) When you are doing an enhancement you place the More Thank White over the tip, wait for it to dry, apply bonder (if using) and then the gel of your choice.

I can't say that I've used it for natural nail overlays so perhaps someone else can step in :lol: but I think it is ok to place on natural nail.

YOUR NAILS

plaoh said:
Hi Sharon,

I too use IBD :) When you are doing an enhancement you place the More Thank White over the tip, wait for it to dry, apply bonder (if using) and then the gel of your choice.

I can't say that I've used it for natural nail overlays so perhaps someone else can step in :lol: but I think it is ok to place on natural nail.

YOUR NAILS
Hi Ya, i tried the MTW but found it gave a yellowy tinge with the gel have you experienced this i know there were alot of people experiencing it with the acrylic. Ive since changed to NSI and have stuck with using the white gel x x

sharong said:
Hiya All

Just a quick question. Ive seen a few articles on how to use More Than WHite when using fibreglass or silk and was just wondering if you can use with gel.
I use IBD gel and would love to use but am not sure on whether i would need to apply thin layer gel before applying or if the principle is the same in that i apply More Than White to the tip then apply the gel.

Also can you use More Than White for natural gel overlays and if so would i need to put a coat of gel on first then More Than White then another coat gel. Otherwise i will be placing it directly on the nail before the gel!!

Hope this makes sense and i appreciate any response.

Sharon
Hi ya,
Geeg posted a brill tutorial in the premium geeks section for the offical More Than White application for all 3 systems..........
Welll worth a read xxx
[sign]thumbsup:biggrin: [/sign]

Kellyc said:
Hi Ya, i tried the MTW but found it gave a yellowy tinge with the gel have you experienced this i know there were alot of people experiencing it with the acrylic. Ive since changed to NSI and have stuck with using the white gel x x
In that case, your gel must have a yellowy tinge that you normally do not notice.

MTW does not yellow under any gel that I have used it with.
Neither does it yellow under any Creative monomer. Those who were experiencing this must have had other problems that made this happen.

Kellyc said:

Hi Kelly,

No I didn't find the MTW yellowed and it meant I could keep the nail as thin as possible. The only problem I'm having is applying the MTW. I seem to apply it too thick, so it 'pools' at the end and I'm still trying to perfect the smile line (I'm using nailfresh).

If I could just get to grips with MTW!!!! :cry: Might have to treat myself to a set of Fabric nails with Ruth :biggrin: , London here I come :D

Hi

If your having trouble applying check out this linc and try it this way, its the way i use POW and find it works well. http://www.lcnuk.com/magazine/Page8.pdf
I have used this method with the new brisa POW too as i hate it when they come in bottle with brushes i find it much easier to apply with my gel brush
or the tool fearured in the link. JMO

plaoh said:
Hi Kelly,

No I didn't find the MTW yellowed and it meant I could keep the nail as thin as possible. The only problem I'm having is applying the MTW. I seem to apply it too thick, so it 'pools' at the end and I'm still trying to perfect the smile line (I'm using nailfresh).

If I could just get to grips with MTW!!!! :cry: Might have to treat myself to a set of Fabric nails with Ruth :biggrin: , London here I come :D

Little Angel said:
Hi

If your having trouble applying check out this linc and try it this way, its the way i use POW and find it works well. http://www.lcnuk.com/magazine/Page8.pdf
I have used this method with the new brisa POW too as i hate it when they come in bottle with brushes i find it much easier to apply with my gel brush

Thanks Tracey, I'll give the dotting tool ago.

I would love MTW to be in apot and not a bottle! :lol:

Hi Plaoh

maybe the powers that be eg Samantha could put it to head office for us.

I just find it a clat. i would like the brisa top coat to be in a pot too if poss that would be so much easier to work with.

Little Angel said:
Hi

I was just doing a search on MTW as I'm still struggling to perfect the smile line with it ;) Having read your post, can you advise if you dip the dotting tool into the bottle, or do you use a separate container for the MTW. Also, do you find the MTW thickens with the lid off?

Hope the above makes sense.
Lou

Latest posts

Back