Credit card machines and adverse credit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi there, just a quicky. A friend of mine who runs a small restaurant wants to get her own pdq machine but has adverse credit on a personal c/c. Because of this, and the fact she has no accounts as she's only just set up in January, the bank won't give her a terminal, but obviously running a restaurant/bar, it's financial suicide not to have one! Can anyone recommend one that doesn't do credit checks or are they all the same?

Thanks for any info guys :)
xx

Hi

I know barclay card do a referal system for people with bad credit.

This means that if you take a payment on 20th March the money will hit your account 20th April and so on, this is over the first year, then it goes back to weekly/daily payments dependingon barclay card and your say so.
The trouble with barclaycard is that they have hidden charges.
The terminal will cost approx £25pm and they then take 1.95%(i think) for each transaction. Here is the important they also have a minimum billing system, this means if you dont take anything they charge you about £20 so if you take diddly squat your total would be £45pm and the best bit if you only take £200 they will still take 45pm which in fairness is a quarter of the whole of your takings on a pdq machine.

Hope this helps

Thanks for this, I'll pass it on :)

try retail merchant services

my credit file wasnt up to scratch due to redundancy on my husbands part, but they gave us a pdq machine your right about finiancial sucide not to have one.

90% of my clients pay by card there is hardly ever any cash on site as everyone pays by card. So much that come weekend when its pay day for the girls I have to ring my other half to delve into his pocket to bring me some cash to pay them.
its so much easier and saves my legs and time going to the bank.

Latest posts

Back