Credit Card Payment Machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks layrex - I will ask them about this in my meeting tomorrow. Thank you for the advice :)

Thanks beauty room I looked at chip & pin solutions and their rates are brilliant - probably the best only catch is 36 month contract and can't cancel :(

Are there any card machines you can use as a mobile hairdresser?

Thanks! How much approx and where from if you know?

I'd imagine all card companies have them, taxi drivers etc use them more and more these days so should be easy to organize x

Thank you so much! Because now when I started doing russian hair no one is going to carry around 600 cash.

If it's any help to you hun, after extensive research I am going with card save. They seem miles better than the rest and you can negotiate the price. Hths :)

Im getting a mobile one that works on 4 networks so rare to loose signal. From card save should come on tuesday.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Im getting a mobile one that works on 4 networks so rare to loose signal. From card save should come on tuesday.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Snap!

That sounds so good!!! How much is it and can you still be with your normal bank?

Just called them! They were very friendly and will call back with a quote.

apologies ive not read this thread word for word, just a thought re card payaments......if you have a computer in your salon or home why not concider setting up with paypal vertual payment system sooooo easy.
your customers do need paypal account to pay, they simply hand you their debit or credit card, you tap in required info from the card and print receipt. Costs approx £20 a month plus your standard commission you lose per transaction, but a lot cheaper than some card machines, with large installation costs etc etc...sorry if this is a bit off track.

sorry your customers do NOT need a paypal account to make payments with paypal! oops.

I've just started using Paypal basic version which is integrated into my website and I use it on my ipad when I'm out and about. BUT the charges are a bit steep... I got charged a fee of £8.94 on a £250 transaction? seems a lot to me?

I've just started using Paypal basic version which is integrated into my website and I use it on my ipad when I'm out and about. BUT the charges are a bit steep... I got charged a fee of £8.94 on a £250 transaction? seems a lot to me?

It's about 3.5% isn't it. I dont think that's too bad, considering that's all in (isn't it?). ie, there will be no service charge, no line rental, all that extra stuff which I don;t really know about lol.

I haven't worked it out... Maybe it's not that bad actually... But I think chip and pin would be easier...

It just sounds alot because of the size of the transaction. 89p on £25 sounds more reasonable doesn't it, but still the same %.

True... The other thing is people seem to forget they have their card linked to PayPal in the past then have to try and remember their details!

I love PayPal! Especially PayPal bump for iPhone/ipad There are some card processing apps available which save on ongoing monthly terminal charges. They are processed as a "card not present" transaction but record signature. Just an alternative to investigate. Would suit mobile therapists.

Latest posts

Back