Crocodile skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jye123

Reaction score
Does anyone know why skin may look like a scaley crocodile when tan is wearing off. I have used a number of different solutions over the years but every now and then when I spray myself or my sister after about 4 days the skin goes like a crocodile. Any help would be great :)

It's normally down to not exfoliating or moisturising enough, both before and after.

Thanks, I always exfoliate pretty well for atleast 2 days prior to tan and use coco butter everyday after tan. Maybe I am using the wrong creams

It's important to also exfoliate after the tan, when I don't my skin goes like a crocodile's too [emoji246]lol. I start exfoliating 4/5days after my tan as well as moisturising daily (I used sienna x radiance body balm)
Hope this helps

The fade off on some tans is better than others. I tried lots before choosing the brand I prefer. I found Suntana particularly bad for going very patchy and being difficult to remove.
If you are only exfoliating prior to tanning and moisturising after rather than on a regular basis it may just be that your skin is dry

Thanks for all your tips. Will try them out [emoji3]

I use Suntana and don't have any issues. Are you exfoliating afterwards? After 2-3 days you need to use an oil-free moisturiser (any regular one will just have the same effect as not using one at all in terms of patchs) and exfoliate gently to prevent patches. Scaly skin = not exfoliating and dry skin. Suntana (and indeed all solutions) will fade gradually, perfectly, with none or minimal patches if you do this. It sounds detrimental to scrub it off, but you want the skin to come off at the same rate all over instead of bits here and there. Tans on myself last anything from 2- 3 weeks because I don't even notice them disappear when they fade. If you need to remove it, I sell Tan Erasers. They sent me a sample and I've never found anything so useful. I always look after my tan perfectly and don't have any problems, so I didnt do any prep or aftercare to test it and the tan eraser was a dream, the skin just slid off. The best way to prepare aswell. You HAVE to try it :) xx

I'm glad you don't have any issues with Suntana [emoji4]

I never knew that u needed to use oil free after, I always use coco butter after. I always use the fakebake body polish exfoliator but never after a tan. Is this the sort of exfoliator that you's are talking about? Or more a glove? I will use all these tips and use my oil free moisturiser instead of coco butter and let you's know how I get on. Thanks ladies [emoji8]

Latest posts

Back