Crytalization of l & p

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susie

Reaction score
Hello and happy new year to everyone.

I recently had a new client with a set of white tip and l&p overlay already on from a holiday in las vegas so all i had to do was an infill. After applying the l&P i noticed that vertually all the nails had crystalized and the l&p just buffed off with my file!! On the third attempt i asked the lady to hold her hands underneath the lamp to keep the product warm. Any way to cut a long story short she had rung me within 3 days to say that 8 of them had come off! She came back and i put 8 new white tips with pink l&p over the top (the same as i do to myself and mine are absolutly fine) and a week later she has come back to me with just one on! I am feeling very dishartened by it all and very embarrassed as i feel a bit like i am giving very good service. Sorry for the waffle but i would love your opinions.

susie x x

(very deflated nail technician)

Hi her hands may have been cold, it happened to me once, the room we were in was cold and 2 of her nails crystalized, its very annoying!

It is amazing how just one problem client can make us feel 'useless' when normally you may not be having problems with others.

How many clients do you normally service?

Her problems could be due to using two different systems (because one may be very hard and the other may be more flexible).

Her problems could be due to her own abuse of the nails.

If problems like these are rare for you, then check the usual things, prep and application, and if you are certain that all is as usual then I think the problems may be down to the client.

As to the crystallization .... hands or atmosphere or products are too cold. It is better to warm the hands than to try to speed up the cure of the product under a lamp. Speeding up the cure can lead to 'shock cure' of the product and excessive shrinkage (which can be painful) and can cause lifting. This could have also caused the problems you mention.

My hands are quite cold, and so l&p enhancements seem to crystalise on me. I find that wrapping my hands around a hot mug of tea beforehand helps.

Thankyou for your replies and i will remember the tea for next time! I will try not to feel useless but i do hate losing clients.

susie x

Hiya,

I also had this problem a few months back. It is very annoying if you do a search on crystalisation Im sure my previous thread will come up it had a few suggestions in it. My client had constantly cold hands and not very adequate heating for the polymerisation to complete and it buffed off in zone 3.

needless to say I don't have that problem anymore as I converted over to creative, their products do not crystalize, the original client who still has freezing hands and poor heating is a very happy bunny now.

Latest posts

Back