Curtains or wall?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
erghh... i have some lovely black velvet curtains to use to partition off abit of my salon for waxing and facials.. do you think curtains is ok. ?
feedback is mixed from people ive asked.

or should i do a wall even though its cost more and take more time to do and id have to when salon is open as im open 7 days a week and dont fancy having drilling etc when clients are there ...

:)

I have ceiling to floor blind panels to partition my waxing area off.......I got them from Ikea, the blinds come on a roll so you can hang them ceiling to floor with ease, the whole thing opens and closes with the blinds joined together.....

I cant have a permanant wall as I am renting the property...

hi i dont really want a wall tbh that sounds ok il have a look at the ikea site do you know how mcuh it cost

from a business point of view i would say time an money wise go with the curtain, but as a customer point of view i wouldnt have anything done behind a curtain i'd want some sort of solid partition with a door an some sort of bolt ..sorry but thats just my opinon good luck..maybe you could ask a local builder if they would do it through the night with the credit crunch an all that maybe they be hapy to help :lol:
good luck
xx

from a business point of view i would say time an money wise go with the curtain, but as a customer point of view i wouldnt have anything done behind a curtain i'd want some sort of solid partition with a door an some sort of bolt ..sorry but thats just my opinon good luck..maybe you could ask a local builder if they would do it through the night with the credit crunch an all that maybe they be hapy to help :lol:
good luck
xx

through the night i wish.. wuld be good though

The blinds are much more professional and the client feels like they are in a different room......I think it cost me about 40.00 ish.....including the triple rail and all the fittings.

cheers im gona look now i it just under normal blinds? as then there would be gaps between the blinds if im thinking right

sorry im abit slow most times

If you're going to be offering facials & relaxation treatments then a major concern should be noise, especially with the noise that hairdressing normally generates. I personally would go for a stud wall with lagging to dull noise travel - it may take a couple of days & cost a bit more but you could lose far more if the alternative doesn't create a cossetted, relaxing and above all quiet work area.

I have the blinds to partitian the waxing/nails area, I am the only one working in the salon.

I dont think it would work too well in a hairdressers, not sure if thats what youve got...

I cant really offer facials/massages as I have no one to man the door of the phone, I do have a back room but that is soon to be a body piercing studio.

They look every bit professional and no one can see in/out.

OOps forgot, no gaps between the blinds, they are inter locked...

If you're going to be offering facials & relaxation treatments then a major concern should be noise, especially with the noise that hairdressing normally generates. I personally would go for a stud wall with lagging to dull noise travel - it may take a couple of days & cost a bit more but you could lose far more if the alternative doesn't create a cossetted, relaxing and above all quiet work area.

sounds is my main concern.. yeah it was stud walls ive been looking at..

From a client's point of view, i would agree with Martin. I think the noise would ruin a facial. Plus, you would want quiet music in the treatment room and the radio in the salon would drown it out.

Spending a bit more now might get you more money in the long run xx

thanks i think its best to the wall.. :)

Hi
I often have building works done overnight in the salons. Builders are normally ok with it.
I have seen beauty rooms partitioned with curtains before but i think clients feel more secure undressing in a room with walls, and a door with a lock.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable getting waxing done behind a curtain or blind.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back