Custom Blending

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ALEX

I'm realizing that custom blending is becoming a big thing and would love to get started but am getting a little confused. Ive experimented with changing the whites and my favourite is made with mixing white and soft whitewhich is great but thats were it ends. I wouldn't know were to start with the pinks. I can't work out what skin tones need brighter pinks and which skin tones would be more suited to pale pinks. I don't want to mix incorrectly cause I don't want to waste too much powder. Any advice would help thanks:biggrin:

Did you know that ezflow have over 80 pre mixed colours to choose from! Let me knnow if you would like a colour chart? I ffeel sure that will find evert thing you could wish for!!

Hi Alex - How are you?? When you get the Update Issue Jan/Feb, I have done a whole Custom Blended article in there; there are pictures and info including all the colours and what to do but you are more than welcome to buzz me if there is anything else or I will buzz you! iF you already have Mosaics or Metro, including the normal Perfect Colours, then you are all set to go... that's the cool thing - no extra spending if you don't need to but loads of cool ideas for mixing to suit all skin types! ;)

i have a question regarding mixing.......this is the only one i have stopped my self from doing as i really am unsure........if i mix white powder with natural powder what would the result be?

diesel1978 said:
i have a question regarding mixing.......this is the only one i have stopped my self from doing as i really am unsure........if i mix white powder with natural powder what would the result be?
it would just make it more translucent... so which ever white you decided to mix it with would become lighter (if that makes sense??)! ;)

Thanks for your replys.
Im very well thanks Mrs Geek! Hope you and your family are all good.x

I thinks I will invest in this custom blending kit cause I already have Creatives liquid.

Im sure if you mix natural powder with white the outcome will result in soft white?

mmm well i suppose i may as well give it a try .......there is no harm in trying!
thanx Mrs Geek!

Just to add to Mrs Geeks posts:

• There are recipee cards in the Custom Colour Blending Kit (This is a kit of 28 colours - some Perfect Color Powders and each Mosaic & Metro colour. You can easily make every single colour out of these - no need to buy more!)
  • Warm skin tones: try starting with a base of Flawless Pink and Soft White (then adjust with metros and or mosaics to get exact skin tone colour)
  • Cool skin tones: Try starting with a base of Perfect Color Pink mixed with Perfect Color White and mix mosaics/metros accordingly.
  • Add Glimmer or Twilight to add more vibrancy
  • To discover clients skin tone, look on inside of clients wrist (best in natural light). Try putting something silver and something gold against the skin. Silver will indicate cooler, gold will indicate warmer.
  • You can go for contrasting the skin tone, complimenting the skin tone, or neutralizing the skin tone. Most will generally want complimenting though.
Hope these points help

Latest posts

Back