Cutting toenails only

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi there

Does anyone provide a service whereby they just cut toenails.

My mum asked me if I would cut a lady's nails, as she can't bend down because of an op she had years ago. She usually goes to a chiropodist who charges her £16 for about 10 mins just to cut her nails.

I said I'd do it for £10 but wondered how I should cleanse the feet if I'm not using a footbath. Are there any wipes I could use, or a spray?

Cheers
Deb379

You can spray them with any anti-septic just like we use when doing hands and nails. I would wipe the feet down with a baby wipe and then spray them. Is this lady diabetic? If so, you will need to be really careful when cutting her nails. That is how I do mine if I don't have a footbath, but that is the best way as it softens the nails up a bit. Elderly people quite often have thick brittle nails. Good luck. Also, if I am just cutting the nails I only charge $10 CND. Which is about 5 UK pounds.

yeah we have seniors day once a month.. a soak and clip for 15$ only takes about 10 minutes...
any other day we charge 20$ They love coming to have their feet done!

Hi Deb

How about the anti bacterial no water gel? and £10 sounds fine to me.

i was taught if they were a diabetic that you wasn't suppose to cut the toe nails as if you cut the skin by accident and cause it to bleed it might get infected and take longer to heal the only thing that we was told to do was to file them down to a nice length, i would leave to the chropodist to cut the nails as they are more trained in this than and myself (fully qualified beautician) and use their own tools which cater for this.
if i were you i would just soak her feet in warm soapy water for a bit and file them which i think would be better for you in the long run.
you wouldn't want comebacks or any trouble at your door i know i wouldn't.
i never cut my customer nails only file them down to a nice length because of this has i haven't got the right tools to do this and they are more expensive than the ones we buy from the wholesalers.
but its up to you
JENNY X X X

file them if you can, rather than cut.

use something like coolblue or other alcohol gel to cleanse her feet.

Hot towel [antibac included] wipe over feet.
Cuticle oil - wrap feet in hot towel - place fresh dry towel over feet - infuse 3 mins - release.
Moisturize feet - file - cut nails.Base Coat $10 - $15.00.

HtH
XX J XX

Be careful, my grandpa had diabetes and he had to go to hospital to have his toes cut, cause if he was cut he would not stop bleeding. That could have been to blood thinning medication, not real sure I was only a little girl when he told me that.
xx

Hi there

I am aware of diabetes, and it's on my list on my consultation form and as far as I know she doesn't suffer from this. The lady had lung cancer years ago, and they removed some of her lung and a few ribs, this is why she can't bend down and do them herself.

As far as I know they are not thick nails, but obviously if they are then I may have to soak her feet first. I always try and file first if they are not too long.

I think £10 is fair as I'm mobile and I'll have to travel about 15 miles, hopefully tying in with some of my other customers down there as well.

Thanks for the tips.

Regards
Deb379

Rachel Mary said:
Be careful, my grandpa had diabetes and he had to go to hospital to have his toes cut, cause if he was cut he would not stop bleeding. That could have been to blood thinning medication, not real sure I was only a little girl when he told me that.
xx

No that is correct its it runs in my family unfortunately, but I'm sure she'll ask all the relivent questions first before proceeding with the treatment

Latest posts

Back