Damaged nail bed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Tips

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a client who had gel extensions a couple weeks ago. Her nail was knocked when someone jumped on her hand lifting her own thumb nail.
It apparently bled a lot and is now very tender and swollen and looks slightly yellow.
She washed it and wiped with anti-septic wipe and then covered with a plaster.
She is booked in tomorrow for her other nails for infills, I'm just wondering if I can take the regular polish off of her thumb nail so she can see the full extent of the damage? That's all I wanted to do before it's healed but don't want to damage it further?

I've attached some pictures...

TIA :)

Attachments

• bruised.JPG
    bruised.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 128
  • lifted mainly left side.JPG
    lifted mainly left side.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 111
  • swollen thumbs.JPG
    swollen thumbs.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 109
There is no reason why you can't take the polish off, I'd actually let her do it, people can be rougher with their own hands without it hurting than you can. It might sting a bit if she has any open cuts, but so does hand sanitiser and no-one panics about that.

You might find you can re-shape the FE by holding your thumb over her nail bed/plate and going gently but it depends entirely on how tender it is. If you can reshape it, and re-polish it she can probably wait a week or so and you can rebalance once the swelling goes down.

I personally wouldn't touch it right now.

Thanks for your replies :)
I have spoken to her this morning and she's actually already taken the nail polish off herself.

I'll have a look later and see if it is too tender to just take the sharp edges off of the tip.
If not will leave it until it heals a little more.

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back