De-contaminating a brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
I've done a search but although I found loads of threads on contaminated brushes, I couldn't find out how to de-contaminate it. Aside from cleaning in new monomer, how can I give my L&P brush a really good clean?

Kimmi Rocks said:
I've done a search but although I found loads of threads on contaminated brushes, I couldn't find out how to de-contaminate it. Aside from cleaning in new monomer, how can I give my L&P brush a really good clean?

washing machine?? hehe. :D

Are the bottles of brush cleaner any cop?

I believe i read some-where (poss from Gigi)that a quick swish in Scrubfresh,IF your brush is contaminated may do the trick,and monomer afterwards.HTH
MRS O

Katelisa said:
Are the bottles of brush cleaner any cop?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Your brush should only ever be in your monomer liquiid!!.....use fresh to clean your brush Kimmi....but if it is contaminated....leaving the dreaded yellow stripe!!!........because there is yucky liquid lying about in the ferrule...then Sorry my darling it has to go.....time to get a new brush..,,

(Sorry this took so long...my typing had a touch of the Scatty's!!!..thank god for spellcheck!)

mrs o said:
I believe i read some-where (poss from Gigi)that a quick swish in Scrubfresh,IF your brush is contaminated may do the trick,and monomer afterwards.HTH
MRS O

I remember reading something along these lines too. I think it was to be used only as a one off though, and not to be done on a regualer basis!

mrs o said:
MRS O

Hi Mrs O...I think this tip was for when your brushhairs were bent and you wanted to straighten it out again...a swish in Scrubfresh and then a very quick dip into boiling water would straighten the hairs out....I have done this with a students brush and omitted the Scrubfresh step as I was a bit wary but it worked....banana to straight in seconds!!!!!!
....BUT ONLY IN EMERGENCIES and a last resort!!!

No Izzydoll,hot not boiling water as in boil kettle -pour some into cup,let cool, dip brush down into water ONCE taper into shape. for bent brush hairs. The Scrubfresh is for cleaning the yellow and you are right only in an emergency.

mrs o said:
No Izzydoll,hot not boiling water as in boil kettle -pour some into cup,let cool, dip brush down into water ONCE taper into shape. for bent brush hairs. The Scrubfresh is for cleaning the yellow and you are right only in an emergency.

OOPS!!:o ...that's what I meant...honest!...one womans boiling hot is another womans tepid!!!.......I think I am still talking about water!

Sorry Izzydoll to be abrupt- hubby just came in and i knew he was gonna say OMY GAWD you are not on that Geek site again so had to X out pronto!!! ha ha men!
mrs o:o

i use monomer to give it a clean every now and then, but if you have your ratios correct, you should never need to clean it, i use flat-bbrush technique and use an orange stick to clear (and flatten my brush) every second client, i only use kolisnski brushes and i have been known to use the same brush for over a year, every now and then i shampoo & condition my brush, but never use it again until it is completely dry, hence a deep cleanse on a saturday is a good idea, kolinski is not a brand name (it is, or should be a region on the animal) and yes sable brushes should come from a real live (or preferably dead) sable,(like a sable fur coat) kolinski means the hair is from around the anal region of the sable (similar to a ferret or weasel) and being from around it's bum, means it is quite soft as it is moisturised every time the animal poops
BELIEVE IT OR NOT !!!!!!!!!!!

nailzoo said:
kolinski means the hair is from around the anal region of the sable (similar to a ferret or weasel) and being from around it's bum, means it is quite soft as it is moisturised every time the animal poops
well thats news to me............ I was told it was hair from the tail not the bum!!!!

nailzoo said:
i use monomer to give it a clean every now and then, but if you have your ratios correct, you should never need to clean it,

kolinski is not a brand name (it is, or should be a region on the animal) and yes sable brushes should come from a real live (or preferably dead) sable,(like a sable fur coat) kolinski means the hair is from around the anal region of the sable (similar to a ferret or weasel) and being from around it's bum, means it is quite soft as it is moisturised every time the animal poops

Kimmi is gonna love this answer............absolutely fabulous...I will never look at my Kolinsky sable brush in the same way again.......Cheers Nailzoo...

and i thought kolinsky was a brand name!!!!!
looking very sheepisly at my brush ewwwwwwww

jac extreme said:
well thats news to me............ I was told it was hair from the tail not the bum!!!!

i thought it was the breed of horse? (is it a horse?) ha ha

nailzoo said:
kolinski means the hair is from around the anal region of the sable (similar to a ferret or weasel) and being from around it's bum, means it is quite soft as it is moisturised every time the animal poops

Thank you for sharing.

so im touching peoples nails with a weasels bum fluff???

LOL! This thread has given me a very badly needed laugh!!!!
KxXx

It comes from a sable and its tail hairs!! not from a weasles poohy bum.

sable, weasel, ferret, mongoose, luwak .....same sh.. different smell, they are all from the same family, theres some odd stuff goes on in the world, the production of fur coats, brushes etc, sometimes we can suffer from too much information.....
check this out
kopiluwakmovie.gif

http://www.sallys-place.com/beverages/coffee/kopi_luwak.htm

Latest posts

Back