Debating giving up on semi permanent lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leenie81

Beautify
Reaction score
I'm getting stressed and fed up as I have been trained in semi permanent lashes for 3 years now but I do a wide range of treatments so I don't do them really often. Maybe a few a month. It takes me over two hours and I struggle to get them looking good all the time. Some sets are really nice and some just aren't full enough . I can't afford to do another course and a client said they do volume lashes not too far from me for the same price so she might go there :-(. Do I give it up or keep at it? I think there may be things I could improve on and lighting is not great where I am . I'd appreciate any advice please

PM me hun as I'm in w.yorks too x

Eyelash Extension is a business you don't want to lost. Don't give up, concentrate on perfecting skill rather then timing yourself. There is a lots of support group for Eyelash Extension on Facebook. Join them, you can find lots of advice and tips there.
Hope this help.

Thankyou, I think maybe my glue is not the best. I use marvel lash at the minute . Do you do lashes? What do you use? Xx

Hi ... Definitely don't give up,,, the lash perfect adhesive is good.... Why not look into doing a conversion course which is a cheaper option of having to pay for a new course xx

I am tempted I'm just thinking is it worth it? Some of my clients are now asking for the volume lashes but I'm thinking if I don't feel completely confident in the semi permanent lashes I am not ready for the volume training? Xx

I'm in exactly the same boat and convincing clients to go for the express lashes as they are easier and quicker. I'm considering only offering express and taking off full sets and infills all together. Xx

How much was your express lash course? Xx

I totally feel your pain leenie81 and I gave them up this year. I'm fully booked with other treatments which earn me more money than the lashes so I got rid. Its a long, laborious treatment that earns peanuts unless your only doing lashes all day so can get bloody quick at them. I can earn the same cash in under 1 hour doing Brazilians as I can in 2 hours doing lashes. Go figure.

Yes thats the thing that bugs me. I'm fully booked most days work other treatments and I can only charge £40 at the most for them. I have a bride booked in so I need to perfect my technique by a few weeks, it takes me ages to do them [emoji85] a minimum of 2 hours . I just don't know what to do xx

£40 turnover for 2 hours work is just not good business. I was charging more than that but still didn't feel it was worth it. If I was not fully booked with others treatments I would have kept them on to fill space but I just don't need to. I would book clients in for lashes then find I was turning down more lucrative work as I didn't have the space.

Yes that's exactly what I think, if I didn't have this bride in I would Maybe stop doing them? X

I'm very quick at lashes but have been doing them 10 years now and it's all I do some days but I feel your pain lol, I remember when I started thinking I am NEVER going to be able to do these well. It only comes with doing hundreds maybe even thousands of sets then you will just think how did I ever think they were even a challenge. If you are busy otherwise I suppose there's no point trying to perfect them because it does take time.

Hi,
If you can choice things up quickly and are good at doing fiddley stuff it’s a lovely one to go on for marvel lash. You can also research on here as there have been many posts, Videos and support groups of Eyelash Extension and Marvel Lash and that will help you get a better practice.

It's a tough one. I've dropped a few treatments off my list as I used to get so stressed doing them and they took ages to do ( I didn't do enough to build up speed/expertease). The profit margin was quite low on them anyway, so I though why give myself a hard time - and cut them from my treatment menu.
I have another couple of treatments I'd like to lose but first I want to make sure I'm fully booked out with the treatments I love doing!

Awwww I'm just so u decided!! I can't turn my clients away I booked in but it stresses me out . I'm thinking I would love to get rid of it off my treatment list xx

Then just do your bride then give it up.

I think I will do that xx

Girls, what treatments are so much profitable then eyelashes in your list?

I find waxing and massage make me more money but I only charge £40 for a full set of lashes and it takes me two hours. I have decided to keep at it and try book them in on my days off or my quiet periods xxx

Latest posts

Back