Debating giving up on semi permanent lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also considering removing lashes from my list of services.
It's just not what were 'known' for.
I really want us to have the best for every treatment and don't want to train in Russian etc. Feel that if I'm not offering the best then I don't want to do it!
We only have around 8 people that come in for infills, but don't think the therapists want to lose their custom.
Really hard!

Hi
Semi permanent lashes are one of the most wanted salon treatments at the moment
But obviously go with what your clientele want... Have you thought of just having one therapist trained in Russian layering to see how it goes? It would be such a shame to give up on them
It is the main thing I do and the results are amazing
X

We're delighted to have dropped lashes from our treatment menu.

The relief!

Vic x

I'm constantly debating whether to learn lashes to add to nails and am a tad confused by the terms -
Express
Semi-permanent

And is there ever a permanent??

Can anyone enlighten me?

Last edited:
I'm constantly debating whether to learn lashes to add to nails and am a tad confused by the terms -
Express
Semi-permanent

And is there ever a permanent??

Can anyone enlighten me?
Semi perm are as permanent as you can get. They adhere singly to the natural lash and fall out with it.

Express usually use the same glue but a less fumey one and are layered on top of each other. These can do damage if left on so should be removed after 2 weeks.

We found that we didn't get a huge amount of clients for lashes so speed was about 2 hours for a full set and we charged £48. You can do the maths. Not a great return!

Glad it's no longer on our pricelist x

I'm trained and qualified in the treatment. Can do a pretty all right set but I don't do the treatment because I don't believe in it re health and safety. Glue right near the eyes? Naaahhhh, each to their own but I just don't believe in it.

They are hard to learn, it takes me 6 months ish to mentor a new staff member in it to an acceptable standard after they have done their training, I have found it takes a lot of practice and troubleshooting then more practice, if you haven't got the time to put in after your training and ideally someone to help you then it may be more profitable to give up.

Latest posts

Back