Demonstration nights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivone

Reaction score
I've just done the training in Flirties eye lash extensions and I really would like to do like demonstration nights at local venues, and do like a demo on eyelash extensions, or spray tan, or minx manicure & pedicure or anything else I can think of.

Not sure what to do now - the idea is there but not sure how to build on it.

Help!!! :irked:

Sounds like a fab idea! Have you any idea of what sort of venues you could target yet?

One idea that I think other people have done on here is offering a free treatment as a raffle prize for charity; that way you're also getting advertising for your services and the charity benefits too.

What age range would you be wanting to target? Or would it be any age range?

I've just done the training in Flirties eye lash extensions and I really would like to do like demonstration nights at local venues, and do like a demo on eyelash extensions, or spray tan, or minx manicure & pedicure or anything else I can think of.

Not sure what to do now - the idea is there but not sure how to build on it.

Help!!! :irked:

Sounds like a good idea to me, maybe you could give out discount vouchers to draw people back for their next treatment...

A lot of local churches etc have social evenings with wine and cheese etc, usually in the church hall, maybe you could ask there? You could offer a raffle prize of gift vouchers and all the money raised could go to a charity.
Or try contacting your local WI? hth

A lot of local churches etc have social evenings with wine and cheese etc, usually in the church hall, maybe you could ask there? You could offer a raffle prize of gift vouchers and all the money raised could go to a charity.
Or try contacting your local WI? hth

Aye, or the Townswomens Guild (my mother used to be involved with that). You may find you get generally quite an older clientele from the WI or Townswomens Guild though, so that may dictate the type of treatments you would want to demo...

Sounds like a good idea to me, maybe you could give out discount vouchers to draw people back for their next treatment...

Nope, never a good idea to "discount" your treatments. Better to add another service to the original one, one which has a high perceived value. Free hand massage with every lash extension, free underarm wax with every leg wax - that kinda thing.

We did a demo night last week in the salon, showcased our new caci ultimate machine. Also ran an "ounces to pounds" party at the same time. Worked fantastically well. Our clients got money for their old and broken jewellery then spent it on caci courses!!! I just supplied the wine and nachos. great night!!
Demo parties are a super way to promote treatments that the client would never otherwise see being done.

Sounds like a fab idea! Have you any idea of what sort of venues you could target yet?

One idea that I think other people have done on here is offering a free treatment as a raffle prize for charity; that way you're also getting advertising for your services and the charity benefits too.

What age range would you be wanting to target? Or would it be any age range?

I thought of venues like church, school, youth club, hotels etc but as I've never been to a tuppa wear party or anything like that I thought maybe a local pub near us hires their back room and I could market it myself (alongside the pub - who would make money from the bar etc)

I thought maybe I could do a charity night of my own and raise cash for a charity of my choice but I've never organised one before and wouldn't know how to go about it. Also I'd be working on my own as I'm too scared to get any other therapists near me involved as they will problably steal my idea and prospective clients... help! I'm really green when it comes to organising things.

I can't really do a demo night at the salon as there is just simply no room to set up other than my 10x8 room which is at the end of the corridor and not near the reception. Reception is far too small to set a table up let alone a bed and it would be seen as a health and safety problem

Where else could I do it - I though maybe a waxing night and get the local rugby club involved for charity???

Latest posts

Back