Dermalogica retailers, are you losing sales to web based sites????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is the problem. The only step any company can take is to prevent *any* sale online. So any account holder cannot offer goods for sale through their website.

And I really can't see many companies doing this.

I have gone onto the French website and tried to buy Dermalogica. I CANNOT.
It requires a France delivery address, and a France credit card.

So, this is the deal.

The website in France was set up before there were any salons in France selling Dermalogica.
It sells at FULL recommended Retail price.

Although there are now more centres selling Dermalogica at the same price, these have suggested that the website continues as it is making the brand more well known.

Although there are now more centres selling Dermalogica at the same price, these have suggested that the website continues as it is making the brand more well known.

That is quite convenient. You know, in the UK, selling in Boots would help the brand get more well known too :green:

That is quite convenient. You know, in the UK, selling in Boots would help the brand get more well known too :green:

Could be.. but Boots do not have Treament Rooms and do not have qualified Skin Therapists.

Think about the poor Irish Dermalogica stockist for e.g the RRP of 100ml of skin Smoothing cream is €52.20 one particular site i wont give them any publicity is selling skin smoothing cream 100ml for €31.27 because the sterling is so weak against the euro and all Irish people are buying them from these sites in the UK!!! Its €20.93 in the difference how can we compete with this thats the price i bloody buy the stock in at!!! And Dermalogica WILL NOT let us buy our stock in sterling or at the sterling prices because we are an Irish account but the stock is coming from The Uk??????? Somone please explain this, Im looking at finding a stockist in Nortern Ireland that will supply me anymore as this is a joke any takers?

Do you have any friends in NI that you can change your address to for the account?

The loyalty scheme idea is a fantastic one, might have to borrow that one! Thanks x
We use a computer system in our salon which automatically keeps track of customers loyalty points on their profile. You always know how many points thay have and can covert them in whichever way you choose at any time you choose. The customer always knows how many points they have as it prints on their receipt or appointment reminder direct from the system. We and our customers love it!
If interested the software we use is Platinum salon software salon computer Hair Beauty Nail Massage Spa Tanning Intelligent Tills

After reading many replies, which is much appreciated by the way.

Myself and my business partner agree, that we are going to campaign to Dermalogica to stop supplying web based businesses, as Dermalogica promote that they sell only to Qualified therapists who can perscribe treatment product. We understand that some spas are offering incentives and price matching, but why should we have to, when we put so much effort into promoting whole Dermalogica range to OUR clients.

In the last month we have discovered that at least 12 of our clients are now buying off the net, from companies based in Jersey. We have in the past rasied this with our Dermalogica rep, but still feel a lack of support.

We are asking everyone who feels that they are being effected by this issue to contact Dermalogica direct. Dermalogica do have choices they can reduce the wholesale price to salons so we can price match and make the same profit margins however this cheapens the brand (which I am not in favour of) or stop supplying to these sites!!!!

Also going to campaign on Facebook to try and help us small salons!!! So keep your eye out!!!

hi all.

i have been on a loosing battle with dermalogica for over 12 months, i have even spoke to a high manager at dermalogica and the not intreasted, the web sales have lost me so much business as when new clients come to us for a facial they always buy, then when they run out of products the buy from the net, we have a lot off clients who come in for regular facials but they never buy retail from us, we are selling the products for just under the rrp and they still get cheaper on the net, i cannot afford to put the prices any lower as it would not be making much profit, the whole reason why we all have retail in our salons is to make a profit,

when i have said to dermalogica about the situation the just make excuses, they not bothered as long as they selling the product,
they say that they try to stop net sales who are unaurthorized web sites,
but they have aurthorized sites, well i can not see what the difference is,

when we opened our account with dermalogica we had to be vetted,ie had to have a treatment room, show them qualifications, make sure all clients are face mapped,

i think this is a waste off time and think dermalogica have let us proffessionals down,

i feel really angry over this situation and i bet they would not take back the £7000 worth off stock we have in the salon as we loosing sales because they are selling it on to web sites,

campaining to them is a waste off time, i have tried it

ally

Do remember that many Salons and Professionals have a website, for their clients. Which is why they are authorised, they too, have to jump through hoops. Good skincare should be available to all, not just those who have time to go to the salon.

Do remember that many Salons and Professionals have a website, for their clients. Which is why they are authorised, they too, have to jump through hoops. Good skincare should be available to all, not just those who have time to go to the salon.

Fair enough, but as professionals we shoudl ALL have the opportunity to retail to our clients without making a loss!

After reading all the threads I think the only thing we can do as skin therapists is offer the best skin treatments, give the best advice and offer good loyalty schemes to try and retain clients and encourage them to buy from us instead of online!

Dermalogica are not going to stop supplying to the big companies as that's how they are making so much money, the best thing we can do is just be the best at what we do and the clients will respect us for that. :lol:

But I admit it is incredibly frustrating!!!

Re Kimmylish

My sentiments exactly! Adapt to the current market place, clients are not stupid.

Adapt to the current market place, clients are not stupid.

Maybe it would be good if Dermalogica did too! Be up front, say that they can't enforce any pricing beyond suggesting an RRP and that there are some internet sites who are cheaper. But then help the smaller salons retain retail clients by offering incentives, promotions that the salon can use to encourage their clients to shop with them.

Mat

yes fair enough, but some products are not recomended for pregnant women, so who going to give them advice when buying on line, yes like many products might be avalible to buy on line but dermalogica is ment to be for prof only,

i think and thought when i opened my acc thay you could not buy any products with out getting advise pre hand, your skin changes so much so a product you bought 6 monthes ago may not be suitable for your skin now,

we all should sell at rrp

ally x

After reading all the threads I think the only thing we can do as skin therapists is offer the best skin treatments, give the best advice and offer good loyalty schemes to try and retain clients and encourage them to buy from us instead of online!

Dermalogica are not going to stop supplying to the big companies as that's how they are making so much money, the best thing we can do is just be the best at what we do and the clients will respect us for that. :lol:

But I admit it is incredibly frustrating!!!

if you speak to dermalogica salons who just facemap and sell retail make 90% more profit than salons who offer lux facials and then retail,

we all need to keep it as a prof product

ally x

SOME online sites advise seeking Professional advice on Dermalogica products before purchasing them.

One in particular has a set of questions they ask to the client and if they are not satisfied with the replies to the questions, they will ask for more information from the client.

Of course there will be people that choose to purchase the products via an online website because they are cheaper and will not take the recommended advise to seek a professional opinion on what products are most suitable for them......... that in my opinion, is ignorant!!

As for the online retailers stealing our clients due to them selling at such a low price, at the end of the day, thats business!!

As for the online retailers stealing our clients due to them selling at such a low price, at the end of the day, thats business!![/quote]

I think if you take time and re read the thread you will see our problems and concerns. I personally will not sit there and say ''oh its alright that online retailers are selling at a loss and taking some of my retail buyers because its just business''

Your comment is quite offensive really, to me, because my business is my livelyhood and I am working damn hard to make it work. Life is tough as a small business let alone when we have to slog our gutts out against big businesses that can afford to sell online. A little more curtosy would be appriciated to be honest.

becki x

I am not meaning to offend anyone!!!! But I think if you Re read the thread, you will see that owners of online sites will be highly offended by people on here bad mouthing them....... at the end of the day they are trying to make a living just like the rest of us and if that means by cutting their prices, so be it.

I am not saying it is right, I am not saying it is wrong, I am saying it is happening and it's something we all as Dermalogica Therapists have to accept.

Dermalogica as a company will not do anything about it themselves as like whats been previously stated, some of the online retailers are their biggest customers. If they stopped the online sales, Dermalogica would be at a huge loss.

All I'm saying is that before people go around name dropping online businesses and bad mouthing them, they should maybe look at things from their point of view and investigate things properly. They do offer professional advise prior to purchasing!! Its down to the buyer if they chose to take it or not.

I think this thread has gone round and round enough now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back