Dermaplaning & chemical peels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcb17

Reaction score
Hello!

I’m training soon in Dermaplaning & Chemical Peels. Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts on these are. Are they popular? Do they tend to go together or do people chose one or the other? Also where do you recommend to buy products etc?

Thanks!

I teach a peels course with Dermogenera and we also include incorporating peels and our serums etc with treatments like dermaplaning, as well as other facial treatments. Who are you training with? Are you doing the two together? Do they offer products? You may find you have some products following training but most peels companies expect you to train with them as they’re all so different - some require pre peel prep, some peels need neutralising, some are self neutralising and so on.

If you’re training with a reputable company, they should have products for you to work with. Any questions, please feel free to pm me and I’ll try to help.

Vic x

Thanks for your reply! I’m doing the courses separately but through the same place. They are a local, independent teaching school so don’t teach brand specifics.

Do you think it might be a bad move doing the peels course with them? Perhaps I should try and train with a brand.

If you’re paying for it, I would consider training with a brand. We won’t sell to anyone unless they’ve trained with us, regardless of qualification. You’ll find that’s the same with most companies. Or are you doing a level 4 qualification with peels?

Vic x

I teach a peels course with Dermogenera and we also include incorporating peels and our serums etc with treatments like dermaplaning, as well as other facial treatments. Who are you training with? Are you doing the two together? Do they offer products? You may find you have some products following training but most peels companies expect you to train with them as they’re all so different - some require pre peel prep, some peels need neutralising, some are self neutralising and so on.

If you’re training with a reputable company, they should have products for you to work with. Any questions, please feel free to pm me and I’ll try to help.

Vic x
I hope you don’t mind me gate crashing this post, I’ve just popped over from the nails forum as I’m interested in peels and microdermabrasion courses. I just wondered what training as a foundation do I need to be able to train in doing this?

I hope you don’t mind me gate crashing this post, I’ve just popped over from the nails forum as I’m interested in peels and microdermabrasion courses. I just wondered what training as a foundation do I need to be able to train in doing this?

Usually it’s a minimum of a level 2 beauty qualification.

Hope that helps x

Latest posts

Back