Dermaplaning, what's everyone's views?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xZoex91

Reaction score
im thinking of doing a dermaplan course, no one offers it in my area yet so I want to be the first but has everyone had much interest from it?

Any advice would be much appreciated

im thinking of doing a dermaplan course, no one offers it in my area yet so I want to be the first but has everyone had much interest from it?

Any advice would be much appreciated

you can get good results from that treatment but it can also seem very daunting to clients as a treatment which might make people more inclined to go for something like microdermabrasion instead as its less aggressive but just as effective

Hi I offer Dermaplaning in my clinic it's amazing, the results are great and I think on the right skin type it performs better than Microdermabrasion.

Very popular xx

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I don't offer the treatment so don't know much about it but I'm just curious)..... don't the hairs just grow back straight away? I know the treatments main benefit is exfoliation / skin brightening, but I keep seeing 'removal of peach fuzz' being named as a big part of the treatment, yet I keep thinking surely it just grows back straight away, no?

Interested in offering this also, good to hear some thoughts!

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I don't offer the treatment so don't know much about it but I'm just curious)..... don't the hairs just grow back straight away? I know the treatments main benefit is exfoliation / skin brightening, but I keep seeing 'removal of peach fuzz' being named as a big part of the treatment, yet I keep thinking surely it just grows back straight away, no?

I do not offer this treatment but yes the hair would grow back straight away - it would be the same as shaving.

It would and this freaks clients out incase they grow back thicker- myth. it makes your make up go on flawlessly, so maybe the perfect treatment for somebody getting married it athoingbon holiday ect xx

It would and this freaks clients out incase they grow back thicker- myth. it makes your make up go on flawlessly, so maybe the perfect treatment for somebody getting married it athoingbon holiday ect xx
I wouldn't expect them to grow thicker but I would expect the edges to be blunt

It is not a myth if your client is androgen hormonally sensitive. As an electrolygist since the mid 80's I know that is unwise to shave. I have cleared many a female beard because they started shaving when excess hair started to appear. It may possibly be ok if the treatment is performed many weeks apart but I personally would not be keen on it.

Latest posts

Back