design help and information

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somboon

Reaction score
hi Ladies, I have joined this great site for my wife who is Thai and over the summer while we were in Thailand she decided to learn to paint nails by a lady who was working in a shopping mall. This lady was amazingly talented, she was charging 60 baht (less than £1) for a full set of nails being coloured in a design of your choice.
My wife done the course which was intense for 2 weeks, she learned all the different types of designs possible to paint free-hand onto nails, flowers, butterflys, etc etc.

The only problem being is she is very interested in doing some kind of work in nails but the course that she did in Thailand obviously never gave her a certificate or anything to show she had completed or learned. At the minute she is doing the nails of my friends wives and girlfriends and painting them free-hand, she is excellent.
I have bought some of that decal paper so she can now try and use that aswell for the clients she is doing the nails for.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated by us both.

Thanks everyone,

Paul and Boon.

Hi Paul and Boon, welcome to the addiction zone! you will love it here!

If you have a look in links there are details about education in the nail world, or search for training and loads of threads should come up to help you.

I would love to see some piccies of the nails she does x

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the site, hope you learn loads.

Is your wife only doing nail art or is she interested in doing manicures and pedicures as well? I don't know of any places in your area unfortunately but if she does a manicure course she will get a certificate and register for insurance. Then she can offer more than one service!

You can also use our search facility for training information or other geeks may reply with some handy info for you!

Hope this helps!

xxxx

Welcome Paul & Boon

As sherrie said we would love to see ome of Boon's hand painted desins we love to share our work with oher nail geeks.

If you do a search for training you will find lots o posts in regars to this matter and hopefuly you will find what you are looking for.

Although training can be expensive it is better to go with a product company rather than a college as the company is very aware of any problems or help you may nee with that product.

Wishing you all the best and look forward to chatting to you both
x

Thanks everyone for all their replies and private messages. This is a daft question but how do u do a french manicure free-hand? is it possible? I have asked my friends g/f and she says its pink 3/4 and then white at the top? sorry for being a typical man!

Also Boon would love to show u some of her nail designs, but we dont know how to attach a thumbnail to a reply.

Thanks everyone again.

scattyfox said:
Welcome Paul & Boon

As sherrie said we would love to see ome of Boon's hand painted desins we love to share our work with oher nail geeks.

If you do a search for training you will find lots o posts in regars to this matter and hopefuly you will find what you are looking for.

Although training can be expensive it is better to go with a product company rather than a college as the company is very aware of any problems or help you may nee with that product.

Wishing you all the best and look forward to chatting to you both
x

Latest posts

Back