Diamond tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamimac

Stringfellows Geek
Reaction score
Hi a client I had today wants diamante encrusted tips at her next appointment in 2 weeks. I told her I had never done them but I would find out and practise in time. Ive had a go but they look stoooopid. Is there a good way to do these, how much do I charge and how long should they take.
Also, how the hell do I get them off without damaging the nail tip when she gets sick of them as Im sure she will? Also, while Im here, how do I get chrome effect nail tips without buying a whole box? i just want enough for one set.

Well if she is going to want them off very soon, then it may be better to just do the nails as normal, right to the finish, then put a coat of clear varnish on and stick the diamante in the wet nail varnish. Then when its dry, put another coat over the top to seal them in. This works with L&P. If you do gel then put them in the final coat of gel and then cure.

Im sure you will get lots of other ways of doing them, but if I have someone who wants them and I think that it will not be wanted permenantly then this is the way I do them.

I agree, there's no point in sealing them in the L&P if you think she is going to want them off the next set of infills.

Just put them on the finished nail as said above. No point in creating more work for yourself than you have to. Good luck.

I've just had a little play around and did this but I'd appreciate some advice please. I put a bead of clear L&P on the French, dipped my brush into the tiny hologram glitter and pressed that into the bead and spread it over the French. I flattened it with my brush but it look a bit dull and I'm scared to buff it as I think it will take the glitter off. What do I do now?

kimmi before you buff i would say place another clear bead over the tops so you dont buff the glitter

i have glitter tips on now and if i do not put a clear layer on top and buff it leaves the red glitter with silvery bits in it

lancslass said:
kimmi before you buff i would say place another clear bead over the tops so you dont buff the glitter

i have glitter tips on now and if i do not put a clear layer on top and buff it leaves the red glitter with silvery bits in it

Thanks doll..........gonna do that now. xxxxxxx

Another option Tamimac is too buy some of the flat rhinestones or holigraphic shapes add this to youe L&P as Kimmi has done then cap in clear.
I got my flat rhinestones from NSI.
I found that when I encased normal rhinestones in L&P they lost their sparkle.
Hope this helps

NoticeableNails said:
I found that when I encased normal rhinestones in L&P they lost their sparkle.
Hope this helps
I agree with Jo ...no point in encasing rhinestones in l&p as their facets are then smoothed over, hence lost sparkle.
Glitterdots, flatstones & glittershapes are much better to encapsulate as you then dont need the extra 'bulk' to cover the thickness of the rhinestones, just a nice thin layer of l&p/gel.
Oh & of course it works out much cheaper too!

Nope, good try laydeez, but she wants the rhinestone option. I thought of holographic glitterdots but no.... its bling bling or nothing! Im gonna set them into clear nail varnish and tell her to be careful. I feel like telling her to take a hike as she rubbishes my advice constantly. Shes asked for some really awful stuff in the past and I shudder to think what other people think of my work. I have no idea what to charge her. Most times I charge 20p for each extra stone but this will be pounds and pounds per nail.

Hiya,

Could you not put a glitter nail art polish on the tips in a french then place a line of rhinestones along the smile line, it'd be a cheaper option than filling in that area with stones, plus you'll have areas where it would be awkward to fit a stone around the edges etc, if you know what i mean!

HTH X

;) Hi
I have had a go at gems in l&p and they looked good..

i used clear tips clear gems just dotted a few on each nail tip.

apply clear powder with a sprinkle of silver acrylic glitter to the tip...
then with my pink powder i did the same...

this give the whole nail a sparkle when buffed to a high shine.

I used creative acrylic perfect pink/clear and metro powders.

it is important that you do not mix any other brands together...only use acrylics that are from the same family..

p.s/ i have tried the self adhesive dots in smal strips from ellisons they look good with l&p.

good luck
jen

Hi all

I've watched a glitzy tip like this being done but not tried myself yet....clear tips were used and then a thin layer of gel was placed over the tip and rhinestones put in that, once all in place, seal stones in a layer of gel and cure....you can then apply your l&p to zones 2 & 3 and finish as normal. I think the fact that you encase them in gel it keeps them sparkley. Not tried it yet tho.

For glitter tips I do nails as normal and lastly I use a little brush dipped in clear polish or glitter mixer(spangles/star nails have it), dip into the glitter and paint/spread on tip, once dry I seal the whole nail in a single layer of UV gel. So if client doesn't want it on permanently all you have to do is buff off the surface.

Gonna suggest some of these to her. they look 100x better than my attempts. Thanx hunny

Latest posts

Back