Digital camera for nail pictures?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisenewell

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I know i'm probably the only person without one but which is the best camera for me to get,not too exspensive,especially good for close up work ie;pics of nails????All this technology goes in one ear and out the other so if anyone can give me any straight forward recommendations that would be great.

i am interested in this as mine is about 1 pixel and over 100 years old which isnt good and rob is going to buy me a good one..but not to expensive

I looked at cameras a little while ago and the fuji finepix were well rated and the kodaks are easy for beginners, being a scatty mare i like uncomplicated things lol
x

If money is an issue your best place is e-bay, a good one is a nikon coolpix 775 it has a macro setting which is what 's needed for good close ups. Got mine from there and it is fab!

Or go to your nearest shop and ask about digital cameras with the macro (a flower) and they can show you how it photographs.

Theresa's right you want one with the lowest macro distance - get one with super macro if possible.

Macro means the closest you can get to the subject for close ups

I have a Pentax Optio SV and the macro is 6cm, on super macro it goes as close as 3cm which is fab. It's also 5 mega pixels, which if anything is too good as it shows every little flaw on a nail :evil: Even ones you can't really see with the naked eye!

Our pentax was £200 ish about 5 months ago

There have been loads of camera posts before with some great recommendations - have a quick search

HTH
Trin
xx

louisenewell said:
Hi geeks,

I know i'm probably the only person without one but which is the best camera for me to get,not too exspensive,especially good for close up work ie;pics of nails????All this technology goes in one ear and out the other so if anyone can give me any straight forward recommendations that would be great.

Best camera ... that's hard to recommend. Everything keeps improving.
Whichever you get check the price on amazon first as they usually beat the high street stores.
Basically, the more pixels you get the better quality the picture.
The more memory the camera has, the more pictures you can store before downloading onto your pc. Some cameras can print straight to a printer, whereas others have to print via a pc.
You're probably wanting to do closeup work, so a zoom may not be high on your list of priorities, but bear in mind you might want to take pictures of something other than nails ...
Most shops will talk you through various options without you actually having to buy, so ask around and see what's available.

Colin

many thanks.some food for thought.

Whichever camera you buy make sure you use the best batteries...I found this out the hard way with my camera...if you use cheap batteries your pics will not be clear. It's even worse with a cheap camera and cheap batteries...

Latest posts

Back