Dilemma!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammiejess

Reaction score
I originally trained in Beauty Therapy IHBC in 1995 although didn't complete the full qualification but got to very near the end of my two year course- Silly me :(
However, 11 years on I went back to college in the evening and gained NVQ level 2 in Cosmetic make-up (including eye treatments), Manicures & Pedicures, a Diploma in Warm waxing and at the start of this year did Shellac training. I have been working as a mobile therapist since 2006 offering these treatment (excluding Shellac which I started in January).
I am steadily building a healthy client base and seem to have a really good feed back.
BUT this is my dilemma,
I feel that I can't continue as a mobile therapist on a long term and busy basis so I've been converting my living room into a salon for the last year which as you can imagine is not practical or professional so I am at a logger head!
Am I too under qualified to work in a salon?
My other option is to convert a barn in our garden into salon and work form there but this could potentially cost at the least £2000 - £3000!
I'm so confused about the right thing to do! All I know is that I love what I do, I have some lovely lovely clients but I don't know what to do for the best for the long term. YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!

Latest posts

Back