discolouration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
Hi geeks.
I have two clients, sisters, who I both do at the same time. Both have exactly same products used. They have natural tips with just perfect pink applied over the top /retention +.
Went there today first sister her nails looked orangey yellow, but she doesnt work, housewife, when i infilled them you could see a clear line between old yellowy colour and nice new pink colour, not first time this has happened after a while of having a set on hers seem to go a funny colour.
Second sister done straight afterwards, infilled them look as good as new?? shes got horses so constantly cleaning them out etc...
First sis has been wallpapering could this have anything to do with it?? I know she does try to remember to wear gloves when she works.

Was wondering wether i could apply Flawless pink over them next time or is this as likely to discolour. Dont think it can be contaminated product because theyre both always infilled at same time.

just bumping this thread back up

Hi Nailfairy, you will have to dig a little deeper with the client, does she use tanning lotions, spices to cook with. These things can discolour the enhancements. It is obviously something the client is using as her sisters are fine. Hths

David

No fake tan, she does do alot of cooking very inventive in the kitchen. But she does try and wear gloves alot of the time. Things like this really upset me, she was ok about it and I dont have a problem with anyone elses.

Hi,
I had a similar problem with a client and we eventually discovered it was due to the hair dye she was using to colour her hair every 6 wks!!!!
Hope this may help.....

Hi Nailfairy, it looks to me like it is something she may be cooking with as she does quite alot and is inventive as you say and she wears gloves most of the time. You can bet your life that its the time when she is not wearing gloves that she is using something with colourant in.

David

Just wanted to ask if their nails were buffed to a high shine? Without proper buffing and shining they are still porous and may stain. What about any top coats or polishes they might have used, as sometimes these may stain nails? Sunbeds? Are you making sure that all previous polishes or top coats are completely removed before applying new L&P. One more thing may be if you are using a primer, make sure it is only on the re-growth and not any of the old product. If it is none of these they must be up to something during there 2-3 weeks.

I don't know if this will help...... But, I had a client just a couple of weeks ago, who had dipped one of her nails into bleach....( To remove a mark!)
The nail went very yellow, which showed up totally different to all her other nails...

If these ladies are housewives, not just cooking, then it only takes once for her nails to come into contact with this type of household chemical for the colouration of the product to change!!

Yes I agree Welsh, bleach can discolour nails too that could very well be it!!!!

will question her fully next time i see her. Yes could be , also as i said shes been wall papering so that might have contributed to.
If you notice they are discoloured before you infill them is there anything you can do to get rid of the staining/discolouration before you prceed to apply more L&P?

many thanks

Latest posts

Back