diseases of the nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
hi
does anyone have any tips for remembering the diseases of the nail and (even how to pronounce half the names:confused: ) and how to know the description, cause and treatment for these deseases as i have been reading them over and over and there just not sinking in, im really stressed out over this and i have been trying to remember them for days, i have,nt done any kind of study since i was 14 so thats 15 years for my brain to turn to mush and now i dont think im cut out for studying :sad:

Hi,

I have a terrible memory and had real problems remembering the diseases names etc. The only thing that helped me was cutting out pictures of the diseases from the internet or books (yuch!!) and then bullet pointing under each heading, then I covered up the answers and tried to remember them. For example:

Paronychia

Appearance:
  • Red swollen area around cuticle
  • Pus may be present
Cause:
  • May be nail biting/picking
  • Hangnails
Treatment:
  • Educate client on biting picking
  • Do not treat untill cleared
  • Refer to GP
I don't know if this has helped but I am sure there are lots of people on this site that can help you loads.

i am have ing the same problam at the mo ! i have done like this !!- Onychophagy (nail bitting) i look at the word and look at the 'hagy' and think of a haggard nail -nail bitting !!!! Onycholysis - look at the holy bit and think of a hole in my nail !!!
doz that make sense ?????
i can only do it by looking at the words as i have dyslexia !!! not good when you got words like that !
good luck hope i have helped x

i learnt them by listing them all and making phrases out of the letters, had to take a visual picture of them in my head and then i could see all the info written down. found looking at pictures of them helped as well.

Hope this helps a little bit.
ps my mum used to tape things for me and play them while asleep i used this method with my son who is dyslexic and it really worked for him and he remembers things through characters in films and puts them together.
HTH

Latest posts

Back