Do I need to have beauty diploma if I just want to focus on skincare?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamanehKh

Reaction score
Hi
I am very very new to all the beauty courses, and I am planning to be part time Skincare therapist to just focus on facial and face skincare.
I have looked into different courses and qualifications like NVQ Diploma in Beauty Level 3. the problem is that the diploma includes modules like manicure, pedicure, Indian head massage or stone massage, etc... that it is not relevant to facial skin care at all.
I was wondering if I don't do a diploma, can I just do short courses related to skin care like Beauty Facial Course, Dermaroller, Chemical peeling? and can I work as self-employed in UK?

if anybody knows anything, please let me know
Thanks,

I would recommend it. You have to be level 3 to do electrical facials. Level 4 or more as of Nov this year to do higher level peels and microneedling, because the JCCP register is being introduced to regulate certain treatments. You can do the short courses atm but they won't be much use by the end of the year.

Hi there, no you don't. I have the same dilemma a year ago. Not interested in mani/pedi at all, or makeup. Luckily enough met fantastic lady Barbara Freytag and took her Beauty +3.
She is not a cowboy or half professional. Barbara running "Academy of Advance Beauty " and connected to a lot of iconic figures of skin/aesthetic world; also she is working closely with those who putting new regulations in place as an adviser and contributes to writing materials for the educational programs.

Best Regards

Hi
I am very very new to all the beauty courses, and I am planning to be part time Skincare therapist to just focus on facial and face skincare.
I have looked into different courses and qualifications like NVQ Diploma in Beauty Level 3. the problem is that the diploma includes modules like manicure, pedicure, Indian head massage or stone massage, etc... that it is not relevant to facial skin care at all.
I was wondering if I don't do a diploma, can I just do short courses related to skin care like Beauty Facial Course, Dermaroller, Chemical peeling? and can I work as self-employed in UK?

if anybody knows anything, please let me know
Thanks,

Would recommend Sally Durant. Do a good facial course rather than small courses because when you expand it's easier. Sally does skin only course and they are very good.

best wishes,
Mel :)

You can do units from level 2 and or 3 beauty. You don't have to do the whole thing.

Google for vtct level 2 facial. Can be done privately or some colleges offer it.

You can so the same for level 3 facial electricals unit.

Latest posts

Back