Does all gel have a high gloss finish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow girl

Reaction score
This is all still very new to me and i am learning loads as i go, but i do have one question. I hope some one can help . . . . . .

Ive been using The Edge gel, just to practice with really. Done a full set of gel nails for a lady this morning, but i noticed that once we had finished they didnt seem to have a high gloss finish, and i didnt know why. I thought all gel's provided you with a high gloss finish, or is it something i have done!

Could i also ask, what gel's people like to practice with or is The Edge ok for that?

Thank you :Love:

I use NSI Balance & Christrio gels and no not all gels have a high gloss finish.
Balance Basic one-step has a good shine and can be used alone but if you use builder gel you need the shine from Finish, a product that is the high shine gel.
Christrio's gel is a one step gel and has a high shine but it can have the ouch factor if applied too thickly. Christrio also have a product called Permatop which is a brush on top coat and is superb over anything (gel, l&p, polish)

Also if the Edge is suposed to be shiny then watch your wiping. Always use a clean lint free wipe on the nails with the correct wiping solution.

Hope this helps

Another thing that could reduce the shine on your gels could be a less than full cure. How old are your bulbs? Are you using a 6watt light on a gel that needs 9watts for instance.

just one more thing, if its applied to thin it will not shine...dont drag it when applying it..try it a bit thicker...HTH xx

Thanks very much everyone. All advice is greatly appericated :Love:

Latest posts

Back