does anybody else get this

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appyarry

Reaction score
I have recently started covering maternity leave in a Salon. Most of the clients are coming in for a re-balance. When I file down the acrylic, the back near the cuticle keeps breaking away and i am filing for England. Sometimes I soak off as it is easier and less stress on the nail.
I end up filing all the way to the smile line, else the line looks ugly.

Is there a cure for this?? Or am I doing right??

any advice would be appreicated

regards

karen

When doing a rebalance I start at the free edge and work down always file above the lifting not on it, If you file on the lifting it will just break off and you will then be chasing the lifting all the way up the nail.
Hths

I know there is a big write up how to do this I think on the Tutorials have a look.

Caz xxx

appyarry said:
I have recently started covering maternity leave in a Salon. Most of the clients are coming in for a re-balance. When I file down the acrylic, the back near the cuticle keeps breaking away and i am filing for England. Sometimes I soak off as it is easier and less stress on the nail.
I end up filing all the way to the smile line, else the line looks ugly.

Is there a cure for this?? Or am I doing right??

any advice would be appreicated

regards

karen
You need to start where the bulk is and work towards the cuticle area and that way any lift breaks away. If you work on the area, you will just chase the line and be filing for England. If you reduce the bulk, change to a softer grit nearer the cuticle, it may just be you`re using too higher a grit and the more you file the more breaks away. give it a go. Hope it helps

Latest posts

Back