Does this seem fair? for a profit split

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
i will have one person doing hair and spray tanning she has all equipment so will only need to get a tanning cubicle which is like £70 as she has machine..

i was thinking of a 45% split ...

another hair person who will supply all equipment and was thinking of a 45% split.

and a nail person i have supplied table and chair but they will get equipment and will charge £80 pw or 45% split.

but hubby thinks it should be 50%.. and more rent for the nail person....

i will pay elec etc and provide a receptionist....

i know a few people in the area so have given out some leaflets etc to churches so they have got a little extra help to get them started..

there is a kitchen etc and toilet

Last edited:
Who is supplying the products?
If they have to supply all their own products then i would suggest that a 60/40 split is the norm. They get 60% and you get 40%.
I supply all products and equipment at my salon and i take 60% but if they supply the products then i take 40% but i still provide equipment.
I take the bookings, i do the advertising and provide, tea,coffee, etc... and do any washing and cleaning.
This works for me.

thanks.... they will supply products...

nail person will supply other equipment and get table and chair..

hair dressers get chair,mirror and stand /trolley hair supplies etc each... so will need to supply other equipment they need....

i will not be supplying tongs, scissors etc just the chair.

so you think its best to do 40% on this basis?.. i dont mind 40%

should i go with 40% ? im finalizing details later today and im still undecided

If I were supplying my own products etc than I wouldn't pay any more than 25%!

25% is abit low considering im paying all bills.. and doing advertising for them.. and providing a receptionist

Like i said i would take 40% if they supply the products but they only supply products-i provide all the equipment, furniture, towels, i take bookings, i provide the cleaning and i do the advertising.
I also do colonic irrigation but that room was completely furnished by them and they take all their own bookings and do all their own advertising, although i advertise it too. From them i take a set amount per client which works out about 25%

The usual % if they provide their own products is between 25% to 30%. I would have a lower linit as you could get someone who is a bit work shy and doesn't make much, so it won't be worth your while.

I always think that a set rent (inc) is the best way forward. That way, you can budget and know that you have a regular income every month and they too have the incentive to work hard. xxx

The usual % if they provide their own products is between 25% to 30%. I would have a lower linit as you could get someone who is a bit work shy and doesn't make much, so it won't be worth your while.

I always think that a set rent (inc) is the best way forward. That way, you can budget and know that you have a regular income every month and they too have the incentive to work hard. xxx

i totally agree i did consider that but will rent to one of my hairdressers.. so to have a set wage..

dont want to all renting really..

there is one person who has the hair station and tanning room...
so id do % on each or just one %...

possibly 30% on each... she has client already so shoudlnt have a problem...

but i think il consider renting the nail station.... coz like you said a set income would be good would £80 pw be reasonable.

and £100 for the hair ..wel they seemed ok with it when i said but just wanted to ask

Where in West London is your salon and I'll tell you what I think will be fair? xx

thanks.. uxbridge ub4 its on the high road

I wouldnt pay anymore than 25% as i supply my own products all they supply is electric (which is for about 5 minutes per tan) and i supply all my machine and cubicle.

hths x

Latest posts

Back