Dog-eared flip flops....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um, where did I say that Groupon salons are bad, or that all dogs are filthy?

not you lynne mobile manicue. I agree with your posts. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Um, where did I say that Groupon salons are bad, or that all dogs are filthy?

sorry not taking about Lynne, sorry for any confusion :o xx

Geeks, don't get your knickers in a twist.

It's Saturday night and those of us who are in instead of out shouldn't be fighting with each other over a post that isn't really rude but the opinion of the poster.

I don't think Mobile Manicure is being personal to anyone in particular she is giving her opinion of how she would feel if she went into a salon and saw a dog there.

She has also had not great experiences with Groupon.

It is not an attack on any of you as individuals.

It's an opinion.

So what do you think .. Saturday night, Britain's Got Talent, glass of wine, and think before you react to something that is in all actuality not directed at YOU.

Peace and respect.

xx

sorry not taking about Lynne, sorry for any confusion :o xx

I thought the post was aimed at Lynne's that's why I said it wasn't rude. Lol perfect example of why you should talk over the phone and not text ay?

X

Ha ha, I have a lab and she is definately unhygienic - she eats poo (and sometimes rolls in it, depending on the brand)! I have a home salon and Rosie is always try to sneak in and visit! I have never let her in my treatment room, but even with this restriction I find her doggy hairs making there way into my room.... most embarrasingly when I found I was massaging one of her hairs into my client's hand, eek!

Ha ha, I have a lab and she is definately unhygienic - she eats poo (and sometimes rolls in it, depending on the brand)! I have a home salon and Rosie is always try to sneak in and visit! I have never let her in my treatment room, but even with this restriction I find her doggy hairs making there way into my room.... most embarrasingly when I found I was massaging one of her hairs into my client's hand, eek!

Thank you for that insight. I agree with all of the above. Glad to hear a dog owner understand what I'm on about. That's the whole reason behind why i dont agree with dogs in salons. Dogs are not clean but are very lovable. I actually adore dogs, my family owns many dogs, but not me personally as I wouldn't have time for it, it would have to stay at home alone all day, which is cruel. I'm waiting until i retire. But I feel that taking it to work (a salon) is unhygienic.

I am going to call my insurance company on Monday morning and see what their take is on animals in beauty salons. I'll keep you posted.

On the Groupon matter, I'm afraid that I've been turned off it by own past experiences with it. If you've had good experiences, lucky you! Maybe it's my area?

I'd still like to know where the OP is????

my lab has never eaten poo or rolled it. Infact she walks round puddels so not to get dirty. But i would wash her if she did that stuff. And i wouldnt bring my dog to the salon. I just dont think they are filthy or unhigenic. My honey is a very clean dog. Hairs are anoying but not all dogs moult. DOGS ARE NOT DIRTY. SOME PEOPLES DOGS ARE BUT NOT ALL!!! I AGREE THAT DOGS SHOULD NOT BE IN SALON FOR SAFETY REASONS BUT NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE UNHYGENIC. X NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE CATCHING SOMTHING OFF A DOG HAIR FROM A HEALTHY DOG.
IT JUST NOT NICE TO HAVE THEM.EVERYWERE.

my lab has never eaten poo or rolled it. Infact she walks round puddels so not to get dirty. But i would wash her if she did that stuff. And i wouldnt bring my dog to the salon. I just dont think they are filthy or unhigenic. My honey is a very clean dog. Hairs are anoying but not all dogs moult. X

Your dog is adorable! What a cute pic.

But I'd be a bit annoyed if she chewed my £50 fit flops while I was having a relaxing treatment in a salon. I'd want a new pair courtesy of the management but wouldn't take up the offer of a free treatment as I wouldn't go back. I wouldn't blame the dog either, poor thing is bored silly.

Your dog is adorable! What a cute pic.

But I'd be a bit annoyed if she chewed my £50 fit flops while I was having a relaxing treatment in a salon. I'd want a new pair courtesy of the management but wouldn't take up the offer of a free treatment as I wouldn't go back. I wouldn't blame the dog either, poor thing is bored silly.

It is ok for dogs to somtimes be bored. Same as childern sometimes are. Its not poor thing its natural. If its a young puppy its probally teething or maybe it just wanted to chew something its what dogs do!!

Why are people asuming the dog is bored.and not being walked. Young pups shouldnt be walked more than 5mins per day per month old they are.

Thank you shes lovley. About 4 times bigger now.

my lab has never eaten poo or rolled it. Infact she walks round puddels so not to get dirty. But i would wash her if she did that stuff. And i wouldnt bring my dog to the salon. I just dont think they are filthy or unhigenic. My honey is a very clean dog. Hairs are anoying but not all dogs moult. DOGS ARE NOT DIRTY. SOME PEOPLES DOGS ARE BUT NOT ALL!!! I AGREE THAT DOGS SHOULD NOT BE IN SALON FOR SAFETY REASONS BUT NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE UNHYGENIC. X NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE CATCHING SOMTHING OFF A DOG HAIR FROM A HEALTHY DOG.
IT JUST NOT NICE TO HAVE THEM.EVERYWERE.

I agree,

However I know people who are allergic to dogs, i actually know a lot of people who are. So I think loosing clients because of that.

My dog is poorly trained, she's my little baby, she sleeps in my bed, eats everything (my boyfriends shoes) I feed her of my food. My boyfriend hates it. There's no way she could be in my salon jumping up on my clients and eatting everything lol.

I used to live in Thailand and there was dogs everywhere, when you went out to eat, salons, they are buddhist and don't believe in killing animal and a poor country so don't have charity's like we do. You will see dogs who were Ill that needed to get put down, and they was not clean at all, poor things :( but that's a different issue, completely

Im not argueing about a dog in a salon i wouldnt take honey to the salon. But the reason i dont take her is not because she is filthy and unhygenic. Im anoyed about this comment!!

Honey aslo sleeps in my bed on my head most of the time. She also eats my food tho i would say shes very well trained she does all her comands. And i could berry my head in her fur and she smells lovely her nails are clean shes brushed and washed regually but with out soap.

Im not argueing about a dog in a salon i wouldnt take honey to the salon. But the reason i dont take her is not because she is filthy and unhygenic. Im anoyed about this comment!!

Honey aslo sleeps in my bed on my head most of the time. She also eats my food tho i would say shes very well trained she does all her comands. And i could berry my head in her fur and she smells lovely her nails are clean shes brushed and washed regually but with out soap.

That's brilliant but I doubt that the majority of dog owners look after their pets as well as you do. My MIL's dog absolutely reeks....and she does all of the above with her dog too (sleeping, eating etc) except I think for the washing.

This is why we shouldnt judge eveyone the same. Same as the groupon thing. X

Dogs are not unhygienic, but having them in the salon is...i think most of us agree on that, as well as the safety issue.

As a previous poster mentioned, their hairs can get everywhere, especially when scratching(i know my spaniel's does) and a lot of dogs can slobber or drip water after drinking, plus it just isn't a nice view when they are licking their bits...lovely during your pedicure haha.

I would love to know how the OP decided to handle the issue? xx

i know really want to know if / how the matter was resolved?? were are you op???? xx

Getting bored with the whole dog thing now!!

It's very possible to overdo and push on one subject for too long - a bit like my hairdresser who goes on and on about her children.

I'm sure her children are super as are some dogs.

But do I really want to see or hear someone keep on like a dog with a bone (excuse the pun) trying to reinforce their point and annoying others in the process.

Just as some are annoyed by a comment about dogs being unhygienic others are annoyed by further comments defending this point.

If a comment by a poster is annoying to another reader - PM them and continue the dispute in private.

It's taken this thread off-track and nearly resulted in a cyber fight.

Read the Geek rules.

I agree with those that said replace the shoes or give her the money.

At the end of the day she could be trying it on but the problem is that you put yourself in this situation in the first place by having your puppy in the salon.

You could maybe offer her a free treatment instead and that way you haven't got to hand over any cash.

Last year I did a new clients brows and she called me to say that when she woke up there was tint on her pillow. Apparently it was quite an expensive duvet set and after advising her to wash it and let it dry in the sun I never heard anything again. Now for all I knew she could of done it on purpose (Im pretty sure she didn't!) I have no idea how it happened anyway as I do lots of brow tints and never had this problem before. If she had wanted it replaced then I would of done and I would of brought the same set or similar. I wouldn't of said right I will replace it with a single tesco value pillow case just like you can't replace one shoe !

Getting bored with the whole dog thing now!!

It's very possible to overdo and push on one subject for too long - a bit like my hairdresser who goes on and on about her children.

I'm sure her children are super as are some dogs.

But do I really want to see or hear someone keep on like a dog with a bone (excuse the pun) trying to reinforce their point and annoying others in the process.

Just as some are annoyed by a comment about dogs being unhygienic others are annoyed by further comments defending this point.

If a comment by a poster is annoying to another reader - PM them and continue the dispute in private.

It's taken this thread off-track and nearly resulted in a cyber fight.

Read the Geek rules.

i think i have right to defend my point and my dog.

I think this has been debated enough, and yes some of it should have gone to PM !

However, every poster thinks no puppies in salons and pay up, so why keep posting the same info now?

I think we should all wait and see what the OP thinks, and what action she has taken, and until then stop repeating ourselves ;)

Latest posts

Back