Dollar Bill Nails - see what you think.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
At last I got round to trying 'Dollar Bill Nails' on myself! Took me absolutely ages, but I'm pretty pleased with the result.

Attached is a pic, let me know what you think..... (constructive criticism v. welcome)

very nice. Have you hand painted the tips? sorry if this is a stupid question

OMG - They are so detailed it must have taken ages.

Well done you!

(it's all in the name you know!!!)

Love

Yvette
x

The tips are cut up pieces of $1! Technically it's illegal, but I decided to take my chances of being arrested in Asda by an over-zealous member of the local constabulary!!!!

I cut the bill to size, stuck it to the tip with Gelbond and then overlaid as normal.

Yvette said:
OMG - They are so detailed it must have taken ages.

Well done you!

(it's all in the name you know!!!)

Love

Yvette
x

Thanks! It's really wierd having another geeky Yvette - I don't come across many others!!

I love your dollar nails, I didn't realise it was illegal?!!! xxx

Kitten said:
I love your dollar nails, I didn't realise it was illegal?!!! xxx

It's the cutting up legal tender that's illiegal.... I figured it was low risk as long as I didn't cut up a fiver (can't afford to mutilate fivers actually!!!)

Hi,

in the UK it is illegal to deface British notes not American as far as I am aware.

HTH's

Sarah

Great nails!

Learn something new every day! Never knew that! lol

x

OI VETTY......YOUR NICKED............. :wink2:

*JOANNE* said:
OI VETTY......YOUR NICKED............. :wink2:

Lol!!

I'm not a great nail art fan, but they are pretty cool! Takes a new meaning of Sam's million dollar smiles!

ooh funky! :D

would I be right in thinking this would work with ANY paper not just money??

wow i dodn't know u could use paper?? this gives me an idea!!!! xx

they look great :) I have some dollar bills that I got hold of a while ago when i frist saw these done but havent got round to having a go yet. Well done

Jo xx

Latest posts

Back