Special Treatment Licence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoozy99

Reaction score
Hi, I wondered if there was anyone who has a special treatment licence as a self employed nail technician working in a private setting in Camden. Am I correct in thinking you need one to carry out treatments on customers? Please could you let me know how much the licence costed?

I can only see two breakdowns of fees on the website.. but it’s so much and I don’t know what band a nail technician would even fall under.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Here in Sussex a special treatment licence is only needed for anyone piercing skin so tattoo, piercing, aesthetics, etc. it's not needed for nails, do you definitely need one?

Here in Sussex a special treatment licence is only needed for anyone piercing skin so tattoo, piercing, aesthetics, etc. it's not needed for nails, do you definitely need one?
Thank you for your reply Trinity. From what I’ve read online on the Camden council website I can see it is required for manicures and nail extensions

Thank you for your reply Trinity. From what I’ve read online on the Camden council website I can see it is required for manicures and nail extensions

Can you share the link?

WOW! Way to go Camden, how to stifle small businesses and dissuade anyone from considering bettering themselves and their business. I'm all for accountability and adherence H&S but that lot is absolutely ridiculous. For, what I assume will be a single tech working from home, I couldn't afford those start up costs. I'm angry and frustrated for you.

Maybe try to call and discuss it with a person, maybe there is an exemption we're missing somewhere.

Last edited:
WOW! Way to go Camden, how to stifle small businesses and dissuade anyone from considering bettering themselves and their business. I'm all for accountability and adherents H&S but that lot is absolutely ridiculous. For, what I assume will be a single tech working from home, I couldn't afford those start up costs. I'm angry and frustrated for you.

Maybe try to call and discuss ot with a person, maybe there is an exemption we're missing somewhere.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who read and thought this then!

It’s absurd. Thank you for helping me double check, I feel a lot better knowing that it wasn’t me just reading into it too much and thinking I was reading it wrong just because of how much disbelief I was in lol.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who read and thought this then!

It’s absurd. Thank you for helping me double check, I feel a lot better knowing that it wasn’t me just reading into it too much and thinking I was reading it wrong just because of how much disbelief I was in lol.
If the do tell you over the phone that you are excempt, please ask them to confirm it in writing by either sending you an e-mail or pointing at the right clause in their own regulations. I had a fight with Islington Council years ago and my written trail of communication and constant referring to their own regulatuions saved me (they eventually gave up as I just wouldn't obey). People that work in councils are not the brightest crayons in the box and often they don't know their own rules and the left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing.

If the do tell you over the phone that you are excempt, please ask them to confirm it in writing by either sending you an e-mail or pointing at the right clause in their own regulations. I had a fight with Islington Council years ago and my written trail of communication and constant referring to their own regulatuions saved me (they eventually gave up as I just wouldn't obey). People that work in councils are not the brightest crayons in the box and often they don't know their own rules and the left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing.
Great tip, thank you so much. I’m glad you were able to cover yourself with that. Cheeky sods

Latest posts

Back