Don't know what to do anymore?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Air
thanks for the feedback, the music thing you are on about must be the intro thing that came with my website as standard i will look into see if i can change it? lol. I must admit i hate the trashy music on some websites too it really annoys and puts me of. again i will look at the other things you have said and see if i can twick? a few more things.
kind regards Debbie

I have to agree with the comments from airen... the initial intro irritated me and if I wasn't looking because you're a geek I'd have just closed the window - I loathe those types of intros to websites :)

Your first page is far too informative... you run out of breath before you hit paragraph 3... :)
Simple on the first page - if people WANT to know how long you have been doing things let them look for it although I would personally leave out exact times as so many people have no idea if that is short or long in the industry...

I'm also not sure if the cakes and parties might not be best on a separate site altogether? If you DO want them on there make sure you mention that you have all your H&S etc certifications to prepare and sell food - this is really critical to that kind of business :)

Infact you could have the "party" business as a 3RD site and link them... :) put links to all the sites ON all the sites :)

Don't undersell yourself...

It can be really soul destroying when you do not get as many clients as expected. Beauty is so popular these days, however, this does not mean you cannot be successful!

Website: Your website has to be inviting. Think like a client, would you want the introductory music before you get to prices? Put your special offers at the bottom, not the top of the page. Write short, sharp paragraphs on your intro page.

If you google Shellac for your area, does your website come up on top? If you Google Waxing for your area, do you come up? You need to find out all of these things.

Treatments: From what you have said, I can tell you are passionate about your treaments, had the relevant training and have spent loads of products. This is not a bad thing at all.

Price range: Your prices are way too cheap and you will have to work very hard to make a profit. Cheap prices sometimes scare people off as they think you are unable to do your treatments competently. You also attract the wrong type of clientele when you are too cheap.

Do you really want to do a Brazilian on someone and wax their b*tt crack for only £18???

Research: Spend your quiet time as positive, not negative. Why are you not getting clients and other Therapists are? Is it where you are located. What is it you can do better. Are you a shy person? How about giving your cards to ladies in the super market. You should always have business cards with you.

It isn't easy - you are your unique selling point, get busy letting everyone know about you....x

This is a really interesting thread as I too am having problems and offer similar treatments. Most of my clients have come to me through my website but as I started in spray tans, this is the top search I come up in on google places despite having tried to enhance seo's for other treatments. Any feedback on my website would also be appreciated re info and pricing http://www.rainbowtanning.co.uk
I'm finding that I'm lacking in confidence particularly with Bio sculpture as my timings are slow and I don't get enough clients and am starting to feel like it may have all been a waste of money.

Having said all of this and obviously wishing the best for all other therapists out there, it is nice to know that it's not just me and that there is a great support network on salon geek xxx

This is a really interesting thread as I too am having problems and offer similar treatments. Most of my clients have come to me through my website but as I started in spray tans, this is the top search I come up in on google places despite having tried to enhance seo's for other treatments. Any feedback on my website would also be appreciated re info and pricing Mobile Beauty Therapist - Fake Bake, Bio Sculpture
I'm finding that I'm lacking in confidence particularly with Bio sculpture as my timings are slow and I don't get enough clients and am starting to feel like it may have all been a waste of money.

Having said all of this and obviously wishing the best for all other therapists out there, it is nice to know that it's not just me and that there is a great support network on salon geek xxx

Think like a client... Do YOU like your site? Is all the main information you need easily accessible on your site? Like your telephone number etc? Is the font colour bold enough for people to read? Wherever there is a NO then do something about it. If not people will just move on.

Being slow doing treatments is not a bad thing at all. If you are slow many years later, well look at what you can improve on. Being slow these days is not a bad thing. Hair and beauty treatments are now pampering treatments for clients to get away from their hectic work and home lifestyles!

Everything you need to build a successful business is on this site; it is just how you use it. x

Latest posts

Back