dream nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady H

Reaction score
hello all

i have just decided to try an essential nails course to see whether nails are for me and i was just wondering what anyone thinks of the dream nails liquid and powder included with the course. is it any good? i see you all raving about creative and its made me curious. I am just learning the filing techniques and havent started on mixing or applying product yet but I am very interested in pursuing this type of career. I chose EN as I work full time and I cant afford to just jack in my job and go to college so thought this might be the best way to start to build up my confidence. I notice with some products people say they were frustrated as they thought they couldnt get it right but when they switched brands it was a different story. I know if I have probs I am bound to think its me and not my product!! Any comments on the dream L&P???:)

thanks for the feedback, its good to have someones opinon who has been there and done it. Did you find the EN course enough or did you do more training after?

i think i will do the maintenance course next then see how i feel about doin something else with either EN or something else. I just want to build my confidence before doing something more, as i did nvq hairdressing and beauty when i left school but the beauty class was pants and i didnt finish it as i felt i would not have earned the qualification at the end of it. I knew how to apply make up better before i started!! ha ha

Well so far I am loving it, I am have just finished the preparation bit and done the tests up to that point, next stage is applying the tip. Im really finding it interesting and think the dvd along with the book is great. You can rewind it and watch again as much as you like

Hi Harvey, I too did the l&p with EN and I totally agree with Nailorama, the course gives a great insite to the nail industry and covers eveything! plus Gina acts like your own personal tutor, sometimes you hardly get enough attention in some county colleges when doing NVQ hair and beauty ( i did the hair) as the classes are so large.Good luck to you chick!
Carriexxxx

well its definatly good to get some positive comments from people that have done that. I know what you mean about colleges, I did finish my NVQ in hairdressing but I also felt that the tutors were not able to dedicate much time to eachn individual and theway work was assessed was not too good. Thanks for wishing me luck too, I appreciate it very much as I think a lot of people I have told I am doing the course have thought I will be rubbish doing home learn. I am soooo gonna prove them wrong! x x

I think the EN courses are great when you haven't got the time to do a course in a classroom. I was lucky that my partner earns enough so he could support what i did so i did a classroom based course.

Its a great starting point and good to build up your confidence. When you have done as much as you can with EN, then i would recommend doing maybe a one to one training eventually, so that someone can watch your techniques and point out anything you can improve on. I'm not putting down the course you are doing, i know it is a good course as many geeks on here have done it. But from personal experience, i had troublw with my prep in the beginning, despite me doing everything i was told to do, but when someone watched me while i did my prep, they could see slight changes had to be made. This si the sort of thing you won't know til someone watches you.

No matter what training you start off with, we all need to brush up on skills every few months or so anyway, wether its to gain more knowledge or refresh what we already know. It's what makes us good techs. Sorry for rambling, keep enjoying your course, you have us if you need any help.:)

yeah the main reasons i chose home learn were because of work commitments, i just cannot get into a classroom on a regular basis. But once I have finished the acrylic course and the maintenence course, I will either try another system home learn or choose some classroom based learning. There is a creative academy in newcastle. Do they do courses over a few days there or is it a long term thing like an NVQ at college? And how much does it cost through them roughly?

Latest posts

Back