Droppers/pipettes - no of times use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sal

Reaction score
Please can someone help me out with a couple of questions I have re droppers/pipettes?

How much usage can you get out of one?

I was wondering this as I noticed that the one I've got (the one from the foundation course kit) has got tiny drops of monomer in it, even though I tried to squeeze all monomer out of it into the dappen dish the last time I used it (and I blotted it on some couch roll).

Obviously I don't now want to use this dropper the next time I need to use monomer in case of contamination.

Can you clean droppers between uses (I hope so for my budgets sake lol)? If so, what do you clean them with?

Also, can anyone advise me of a good place to buy some more.

Thanks xxx

You will be ok to use the pipette again, I dont think you will have contaminated it. At the end of applying a set of enhancements we clean our brush in fresh monomer and wipe on a clean lint free pad and thats ok for our brushes, otherwise you would be buying a new brush for every set of nails you do.....If you need to get some spares call Designer Nails...

David

Sal said:
Please can someone help me out with a couple of questions I have re droppers/pipettes?

How much usage can you get out of one?

I was wondering this as I noticed that the one I've got (the one from the foundation course kit) has got tiny drops of monomer in it, even though I tried to squeeze all monomer out of it into the dappen dish the last time I used it (and I blotted it on some couch roll).

Obviously I don't now want to use this dropper the next time I need to use monomer in case of contamination.

Can you clean droppers between uses (I hope so for my budgets sake lol)? If so, what do you clean them with?

Also, can anyone advise me of a good place to buy some more.

Thanks xxx

OK, this may take a while becouse the teacher in me has to make sure I get all the info out- (eek)- The monomer small droplets of monomer left in you pipette will do the same things that the small amount of monomer left in your brush will do. If you are going to use the pipette, make sure you designate one pipette per nail liquid...if you use retention and decide to switch to radical, get a new pipette. Keep your pipette in a closed and covered container to prevent the small chance of contamination you could get if you left it out. DO NOT rinse your pipette with water!! (I had a student do this- water will contaminate your pipette) Keep it away from the dust created by filing, and your pipette should last you several years (if it is glass- they don't wear out until the rubber squeezer gives out)

Another option is when you are pouring your monomer if you touch the mouth of the bottle to the ferule right next to the bristles, and pour down the brush, you won't have to use a pipette. (this may take a little practice to control the amount of monomer you get.)

Hope this was helpful

Jeni Giles said:
OK, this may take a while becouse the teacher in me has to make sure I get all the info out- (eek)- The monomer small droplets of monomer left in you pipette will do the same things that the small amount of monomer left in your brush will do. If you are going to use the pipette, make sure you designate one pipette per nail liquid...if you use retention and decide to switch to radical, get a new pipette. Keep your pipette in a closed and covered container to prevent the small chance of contamination you could get if you left it out. DO NOT rinse your pipette with water!! (I had a student do this- water will contaminate your pipette) Keep it away from the dust created by filing, and your pipette should last you several years (if it is glass- they don't wear out until the rubber squeezer gives out)

Another option is when you are pouring your monomer if you touch the mouth of the bottle to the ferule right next to the bristles, and pour down the brush, you won't have to use a pipette. (this may take a little practice to control the amount of monomer you get.)

Hope this was helpful

Thanks Jeni, this was really helpful xxx

Latest posts

Back