Dry Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi all

A client of mine comes every 2-3 weeks for a manicure and pedicure. Beautiful toe nails but finger nails have dry long fine streaks/cracks from free edge up part of nail nail. She says she doesn't immerse her hands in water and detergents and feels it's the nail polish remover that could be drying them out.

One conclusion is it could be the polish remover she is using in between appointments, although I have asked her if it is non acetone and it is non acetone.

Any suggestions/ideas? Must try and remember to take a photo of them.

Regards
Deb379

Hi, it is hard to tell for definite, but it certainly sounds as if she is drying out her nail plate with excessive use of nail polish remover. How often is she changing her polish between appointments?

Professionally applied polish should last 7-10 days if not longer without chipping, so she really shouldn't have to change it very often.

Clients who remove their enamel more than once a week are prone to this.
She should be using solar oil or some form of penetrating nail oil to combat this, as well as cutting down on her polish removal!

I dilute my acetone 1 part water 10 parts acetone and add some solar oil, therefore it still removes polish but doesn't dry out the nail as much.

Hope this helps, but a photo would help!

Latest posts

Back