Dry shampoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tillie

Reaction score
Someone has told me dry shampoo is really bad for bleached hair . Has anyone else heard this and do you know why?

I'm a big fan and haven't noticed any difference on my own hair but it does make sense it would be bad:rolleyes:

dry shampoo works by drying out the natural oils in your hair...hence why most hairdressers reccommend not using it but personally I couldnt live without it :biggrin: aslong as you not using it excessively and your hair is in a good condition anyway you should be fine! I wouldnt reccomend using it anymore than 2-3 times between washes though...

For me It's a life saver. I have such greasy hair I have to use it once a day unless I've washed my hair on the day. I really like batiste, I tried the lee stafford one but it felt oily still X

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I put dry shampoo on my roots and a tiny bit of argan oil on my dry ends. Covers all the bases!

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I couldnt live without the stuff to be honest!!

With 3 young children, 2 of which are school age, a house to run and a college course to complete it saves me valuable (sleep) time in the mornings!!

i love my dry shampoo and dont think i could live without it

Thanks guys that's reassuring to hear! Was getting worried!!

The best dry shampoo I have tried and still use is Ojon, works great and smells fantastic and gives the hair volume and body.

Couldn't live without mine either - I use the tresemme one it smells lush! x

I think dry shampoo is a life saver. I first used it when I was trapped in the airport with all the snow in december, and my god, I don't know what else I would have done without!
The good thing is that they smell nice too.
I wouldn't recommend it everyday thought, because nothing looks better than fresh clean hair, but hey...it's that extra time you need sometimes.
I don't see why it would be bad for blonde hair, I think it works actually better, since the talcum powder is not that obvious as it would be on darker hair.

You know you can make your own with arrowroot. It is much finer than cornflour and you only need an extremely small amount. Obviously not in your salons but it is great for home use. Jus protect your dry ends because arrowroot goes for oil with a vengeance.

You know you can make your own with arrowroot. It is much finer than cornflour and you only need an extremely small amount. Obviously not in your salons but it is great for home use. Jus protect your dry ends because arrowroot goes for oil with a vengeance.

So you use only the arrowroot? can u find it in supermarkets?

Dry shampoo comes really handy when there is time constraint. I don't think it will be bad to use on a bleached hair for as long as it is no more than 2 times a week.

Latest posts

Back