Dust problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rose143

Very Proud Creative Geek
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am using my nail trainer alot these days and creating loads of dust ... oops!! :o Still practising the sculpting with the brush not the file thing but anyway, I open a window for a while and it gets too cold, then I close the window and there's loads of dust.

What can I do?

xxxx

There are only 2-3 things you can do!

Wear a mask
Don't make dust in the first place (this will take more practice)
Invest in an extraction ventillation system which is recommended by the manufacturer.

Opening a window will not remove dust but only blow it around. Extraction is the key.

Hi geeg,

I am at home/mobile so I don't have a ventilation gadget. I am trying very hard not to file too much, only been doing creative for 2 weeks.

Thanks for that, will see what I can do. :)

You could also try having a damp towel/ couch roll underneath your nail trainer so dust settles on the towel more, rather than being swept into the air as you move.

As Gigi says though, long term dust mask and/or extraction is only way to avoid inhalation (sp???)

NSI Do a nice little Fuminator but will set you back £96.00 my friend uses it and said it did the job. She does not do nails all day and works mainly from home but told be about this last year in an email.

I think I will get one when I feel I need it.

Hope this helps.

Caz.

Latest posts

Back