E commerce payments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rightsaidfred

Reaction score
Hi all

Has anyone set up a website where customers can purchase products from? If so then how do you set up payment methods? Is this created by the website designer and if so, do you need to set up a business bank account for those payments to go in?

It's my first venture so I'm very new!

Thanks

You need a:

1. Ecommerce website - either custom built or something like EKM Powershop.
2. Payment provider and merchant account (this is not a business account)
3. Website payment gateway.

You will have to pay per transaction and a monthly fee too be able to take payments online.

Thanks. My web designer should point me in the right direction I'm guessing with this.

Actually no. Only on the ecommerce site. Be prepared your designer will probably charge you over £1000 + easy for a proper ecommerce site. They aren't cheap and are highly complicated. Hence why your much better with something like EKM Powershop.

Everything else is personal choice and you will need to shop around for the best deal. I find CardSave very good. You will have to sign up with a provider and normally takes 6-8 weeks to be setup.

The payment gateway coding (if having a custom site done) will be downloadable from the website of the provider normally. However it depends on your designers skills if he can implement it. It's a totally different ball game to just making a site look pretty as you need a full on CMS back end.

Weebly allow ecommerce don't they? They had a choice for links through sage pay and PayPal. Looks good!

Latest posts

Back