Education - hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sassystylist25

Lower paid psychologist
Reaction score
Am constantly on the look out for new courses and new things to learn.
Just out of curiosity, what courses have any of you found to be the most rewarding in terms of knowledge learned and 'bang for your buck?'
Courses we have completed so far are Raccoon International extensions, many GHD seminars, Bridal & hair up, and colouring techniques from local suppliers. Some of these have been pointless as we feel we haven't learned much.
We primarily use L'oreal majirel colours and have been looking into going to some of those education seminars too, any feedback? x

I found the Wahl barbering courses really useful as we didn’t really cover men’s hair at college.
For other courses, it was generally down to the individual trainers and some were amazing whilst others were a complete waste of money. Unfortunately, when filling in the course assessment forms at the end, I think a lot of people are too worrried about repercussions from their salon managers to complete them entirely honestly. Otherwise, why would they keep re-using such dreadful tutors?

I found the Wahl barbering courses really useful as we didn’t really cover men’s hair at college.
For other courses, it was generally down to the individual trainers and some were amazing whilst others were a complete waste of money. Unfortunately, when filling in the course assessment forms at the end, I think a lot of people are too worrried about repercussions from their salon managers to complete them entirely honestly. Otherwise, why would they keep re-using such dreadful tutors?

that is so true. thankfully i have had full barbering training and am confident in all aspects.
there was one course we went to with a big name in a big elite salon and the educator spent more time talking about what he was watching on netflix?? am all up for a chin wag but there's a time and a place... we never had the opportunity to give feedback

Latest posts

Back