Electrolysis help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julia giudice

Reaction score
Hi all, I've only stated doing electrolysis staring two years ago I've done a refresher day course which went ok.
im not very good at knowing how to go about how long I should treat my clients for.
client a) has allot of hair growth on lip sides of face and chin/ neck I've asked her now to come very other week should this be every week she can only tolerate about 30 mins.

Client b) she is a new client she wants her underarms and top lip done should I do 10 mins on top lip and 15 mins on each arm Pitt??
Obviously I want to get rid of the hair as quick as I can, really don't want them to give up or disappoint them.

hope someone can help me

thanks xx

I’m afraid I don’t offer electrolysis but we do in our salon. Did they not cover this in your training? We tend to do it in 20 minute slots because of the intensity of the treatment. I wouldn’t commit to too much at first and see how the client reacts. Also make sure they understand the commitment of regular treatments. I think we say fortnightly to target the hair growth.

Vic x

Hi - Treatment times depend on several factors, client skin type, hair growth and the machine and mode that you use. Some clients therefore could have an hour session or 10 mins depending on these factors. An underarm is best being treated in large blocks of time as you will get the next cycle of hair growth through before you clear the first one.

So much depends on your client's tolerance. Some can lie there for an hour, on a high power and totally not bothered.
Some can only stand 10 mins on a low power. So good communication is really important - work with how long a session they want, not you.
Using blend is a lot less painful than straight diathermy, so that makes a big difference to their tolerance.

Sessions can be as often as weekly or as long as 6 weeks - it all depends on when their hair has grown back for you to treat.
As you kill off the hair, their sessions will naturally become less frequent.

We offer courses of 10 or 20 minute slots. Any more is too much I think.

For underarm it would be better to do 1 hour sessions

Latest posts

Back