Emailing newsletters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
I send my newsletters by email, but I do it by attaching the word file to the email. Some clients have said that they receive it and it's all warped in some places. I know this is because all computers may not have word or the same fonts as others, but I was wondering what other way is there to send the newsletters as an actual part of the email?

Any ides luvvly geeks?
Thanks so much
xxxx

You could do them as PDF files

I send my newsletters by email, but I do it by attaching the word file to the email. Some clients have said that they receive it and it's all warped in some places. I know this is because all computers may not have word or the same fonts as others, but I was wondering what other way is there to send the newsletters as an actual part of the email?

Any ides luvvly geeks?
Thanks so much
xxxx

What I've done before is simply copy the whole word document and paste it into the body of the email.

Some of the alignment goes a bit wonky at this stage, but with a bit of fiddling about I can soon get it looking half decent again. I like this idea because the newsletter is there in front of the reader as soon as they open the email.

I always email it to a friend for them to check that it arrives in a readable format.

vista pint are offering marketing emails i think they give a 1mth free trial not sure of the expense though. hth

From an accessibility point of view, probably the best thing to do is to send a multi-part email that contains both a plain text portion and an HTML portion (together with any images and whatnot).

The plain text portion will mean that people will be able to read your newsletter if they check email on their phone, for example, or on any other system that doesn't display HTML emails.

And the HTML portion will let you use a nice layout and fonts, and embed images and whatnot in the email too (so it displays like a mini web-page).

I think you should be able to do that using both Outlook Express and Mozilla Thunderbird...

Latest posts

Back