Employing a Beauty Therapist...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
Hey, hope someone can help....

I'm looking to employ a beauty therapist and have seen a girl who seems lovely, seems like personality wise etc she is the right person for me and the salon, as well as my clients. The only thing is, tomorrow she is coming in to do my nails for me so I can see how she is...but I don't know what to look for in a therapist, or an employee!!! As much as I can tell whether her nails are nice, what else should I look for? Gonna talk to her about wages also, what should I offer? I was thinking about a basic wage and then a commission but I don't know what kind of structure...I just know that when I worked I really enjoyed the chance to earn more the better I was performing in the salon. Advice please on what I should ask her etc. I know she is level 2 and 3 qualified. :)

xxx

Don't know if this helps but if you offer her the job tell her there'll be a 3 month trial period and a review before you offer her a permanent contract. At least that way you get to see how she really is and not just how she comes over at a one-off interview. Of course this works both ways, so she could always decide after 3 months working with you she doesn't want to stay . . . but that's for you and her to decide.
Good luck,
Cathy

Latest posts

Back