Employing staff first time in AUS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jen_erin89

Reaction score
Hi I am in queensland and am wondering if anyone can help. I am about to put on a casual staff member for 3 days 7.5hrs a day.
What are my obligations to pay ?
The minimum hourly rate. ($21 hr)
9.5% Super
PAYG tax

Do I have to get work cover and pay wages tax? Or would I be under the threshold??

Any help appreciated TIA

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi there I'm in Qld too. You will need to pay work cover, it will probably be around $350 for 12 months, payg, super etc as you have mentioned. Not sure what you mean by wages tax though? PAYG is the tax you withhold from your employees paycheck each week, and you pay this to the ato quarterly.

Hi there I'm in Qld too. You will need to pay work cover, it will probably be around $350 for 12 months, payg, super etc as you have mentioned. Not sure what you mean by wages tax though? PAYG is the tax you withhold from your employees paycheck each week, and you pay this to the ato quarterly.

Thanks that's heaps helpful. And someone told me we need to pay a tax to the ATO for the wages that we pay? Something along side PAYG. So pleased if this doesn't exist.

Payroll tax is what is it's called :)

Latest posts

Back