Environ V Nimue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe90

Reaction score
I discovered recently that Susan Molyneux have taken over the distribution of Nimue skincare and having phoned them today it seems that they do not have an exclusion zone as it were (ie if another salon has Nimue within XX miles then you can't).

When looking for a cosmeceutical range some time ago I was told I could not have Nimue and therefore started looking around for something else.

I tried Envrion (only the C boost and Debut creams) and was seriously impressed with the results just these two creams had on my skin. So I thought I would go with them, until I found out about the change in distributor for Nimue.

So, I have asked for some samples today to try Nimue out and test its results again Environ before I make my final decision.

What I would ask from you geeks is your opinions on both. I know there have been loads of threads already on both skin care ranges but am interested in those of you who have sampled both ranges and why you chose the option you did.

Thanks guys.

I can give you a customers view as I have tried both myself.

I have a local salon who uses Environ and I used to go for regular facials and I used the products at home. I loved the effects however I was not everyly keen on the smell of the moisturisers - not a bad smell but not a lovely smell, if you know what I mean.

I tried the Nimue and did like the facial wash but I did find slight stinging in my skin when using the day cream - maybe this is a sign it is working but I didnt like the stinging. The smell was nicer though.

Hope that helps.

Ooooooo I will be watching this thread with interest joe90! I am just taking on the Monu range, and am looking for another to offer as an alternative, the two I am looking at are Environ and Nimue! Havent had my samples on the two yet, hoping to get them tomorrow. Perfect timing for this thread:lol:

Hi All,

From my knowledge of both, I don't believe you can draw any comparison. Environ is so much more than a beauty salon range - it is results ! No frilly stuff with regard to nice smells or pamper type facial treatments - it is almost a prescription strength product ! I only allow clients who use the homecare to have the facial treatments with the Ionzyme DF machine - which i believe is essential to achieving the long lasting results.

It is like decididing between a mercedes and an audi !

I love Environ !

Marie

hi i have nimue and i love it personally. if you have a skin prob then it will fix it - simple as that. you also dont need that many products to get started ie 1 cleanser and toner does all skin types. they do youth, body and a male range if you plan to expand.
the only thing is for me i have to buy frm thr south of ireland which is a pain - im in th north and we deal n pounds not euros so it is really killing me with the exchange rate plus the higher vat rate (21%!!) The other thing was my opening order was crap i had to take so many products that were useless to me and in the end went off so i havent made my money back as im still having to order in products that i didnt get enough of (my fault for not saying what i was prepared to but but u learn as u go along!!)

I used to work with Nimue, but only on the retail side, but I worked alongside a wonderful Skin Therapist who had done her training with Nimue in South Africa.
Nimue have some wonderful products, which are well packaged and they do retail very well. I particularly like being able to buy refills for some products.

I did ask her if she had heard of Environ, she being South African and all!!and of course she had.
She has also worked using Environ before and said it was also a premium skincare range, and probably an even more clinical range than Nimue!!!!
I have also used it, and I like the products although the packaging is a bit more basic.

So both are excellent ranges to bring into a salon.
I think what you need to work out is what your clients would want re how the products are packaged, and how the retail prices compare.
Also from your point of view, which distributor is going to give you the best service.
HTH

Hi

I'm no expert with Beauty products, only from a customers point of view, I just have a Hair & Beauty salon (Beauty new to me) However a few years back my mum sent me some Environ creams, she does accounts for a friend who had a small beauty salon In Horsham, Packageing I thought was basic, no frills with smells etc, but I did see results, tried a variety from the range and I have to say they were all fantastic. My mum still does her accounts and she has now moved onto a bigger premisies and has a healthy profit from her retail, of course no fiqures were disclosed, though she said people were purchasing an awful lot of this make which tells you something.

My beauty theripist who has just started uses, Elemis and hara, vast difference In prices for her to purchase them (she doesnt retail any of theses)

Good luck which ever one you buy.
TT

Hi All,

From my knowledge of both, I don't believe you can draw any comparison. Environ is so much more than a beauty salon range - it is results ! No frilly stuff with regard to nice smells or pamper type facial treatments - it is almost a prescription strength product ! I only allow clients who use the homecare to have the facial treatments with the Ionzyme DF machine - which i believe is essential to achieving the long lasting results.

I love Environ !

Marie

I don't wholly agree with what you have said here Marie as they are both cosmeceutical ranges and from little I do know about them I would say they are on a par results wise.

However, many thanks for your input, I do appreciate it HONESTLY!

Hi All,

I love Environ !

Marie

Please can you tell us about Nimue? As I was also under the impression it's a 'results' product line, rather than a pampering line? If you have experience of both can you please contrast if not compare?

Thanks.

p.s. Every Tom, D*ck and Harry has a Merc round here:lol: I love my Audi:green:

I have no experience of Nimue unfortunately so I can't compare.

I have used Environ for the last 18 months and it is well known on here how much I love this product.

Unfortunately I don't have the machine due to lack of funds, so I do use the skincare for manual facial treatments. I get great results and lots of repeat business and have adapted the facial to be as pampering as possible without the smells or fancy packaging.

My clients often tell me it is the best facial they have ever had.

Given the choice I would have the Ionzyme machine but for the moment I will make the facial as pampering as I can.

Hi I have Nimue and I really love it. It is a 'results' range although one of the facials is a pamper facial for clients who would otherwise miss a traditional facial massage. When I was choosing the things that put me off about Environ was the packaging (I do not feel it had the right appeal), the name (unfortunately where I used to live Environ was the name of the recycling and waste disposal centre!!) and I could not get my head around that!! The other point is that they use mineral oil and I was not sure whether I agreed with that. The machine is also costly and I felt regarding results, looks and appeal plus budget Nimue was the choice for me.

Nimue is simple and easy to follow and you can treat many skin conditions with it. The range does also contain very gentle products so do not be concerned that all will not be catered for. One thing I experienced myself (though not everybody does) is that switching to a derma-cosmeceutical range can sometimes bring about a 'healing crisis' when the skin adapts to the new formulations/treatments. This should be temporary and I have noted that my skin improves the more I use it. HTH :)

Even as I have neither Environ and Nimue in the salon, I do visit a lot of salons whom stock both. I have tried Eviron debut and was very nice but I personally can not say I have tried Nemu.

The only thing I will say is the Environ has account managers which will show you new products and also help with training, Susan M now distribute Nimue and they do not have account managers and training is all done in one place in the uk.

Buying skincare by telesales is not the best idea

Last edited:
I don't wholly agree with what you have said here Marie as they are both cosmeceutical ranges and from little I do know about them I would say they are on a par results wise.

However, many thanks for your input, I do appreciate it HONESTLY!

I agree. Nimue is VERY much a dermacosmeceutical results driven range and is very much on a par with Environ. In fact I think they are very similar. I cannot get Nimue here in Spain and I am so peeved. I am trying to find a brand that is just as results driven and I am struggling big time. I refuse to pay the shipping costs from the UK.

Please can I ask if people don't actually know about the brands don't reply. It really is NOT helpful.

Latest posts

Back