Eve Taylor to go into retail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
:( oh how disappointing

Last edited:
Or any other brand which is purely professional, like Nimue for instance.

Or any other brand which is purely professional, like Nimue for instance.

I don't know about Nimue but I know how strongly you feel about supporting the professional and their retail profits I can't see you selling out to Boots in a hurry .:)

Hell, no!
If Switzerland wanted me to do that then I would part company from them.
People have told me I'll never make a million because I won't let it be sold online or in shops. So be it.
Money isn't everything. Integrity and kindness matter far more to me.

I'm lost for words!

Typical another brand bites the chemist retail dust. Angry as a customer that not been informed and disappointed as want to use a professional only brand. Waste of money on my behalf.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek mobile app

As someone who has used eve Taylor in the past,done training with them and absolutely love the products I was certain I was going to buy eve Taylor in for my new business venture. I now definitely won't be!!

This is very disappointing. I foresee therapists jumping ship fairly soon.!

How disappointing after I have just invested :(

Even though ET are stating the new retail lines will be different to the current range supplied to therapists/salons to prescribe to clients unless a completely different brand name/image is used I too will reconsider my choice! I use and retail ET, in part, due to the exclusivity of the products! Disappointed we weren't informed of this first. It doesn't change my love of the products though - will wait and see before making a decision and in the meantime keep my stock levels low!

Claire

Sent from my A1-810 using SalonGeek mobile app

Boo I wanted to go with ET but now I'm put off. The advantage is that if clients know the brand it helps sell the facial, like people will know a dermologica facial and go for it because of the name but then its harder to retail.

I think I'm gonna go swiss dermyl just need to order samples first x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know about Nimue but I know how strongly you feel about supporting the professional and their retail profits I can't see you selling out to Boots in a hurry .:)

What brand is yours Gillian?

What brand is yours Gillian?

We as a home salon are not that big on facials apart from microdermabrasion and we don't retail skincare.We are using Oligodermie at the mo.
I've used Eve Taylor in the past though and its a shame as its one of the few good affordable professional ranges for the home and mobile therapist.
You can go through the wholesaler but you don't get the support and training and a lot of the ranges are not as good quality.

I've used eve taylor products since 2007. I love the products and the support. I will hang fire on my opinion until I know all the facts, but what I will say is I'm disappointed I've 'heard' it on here rather than from the company I've worked with for so many years.

I went into M&S yesterday and was looking at their beauty products .
Was surprised to see quite a few ranges that used to be "professional only" brands.
Murad was the one that really stood out. These are products that contains AHA's and other powerful ingredients. If these products aren't used correctly then there could be quite an adverse reaction on the skin. I wondered if M&S give their staff training with these products.

Furthermore I wondered if these products really sell in this market place.
One of the creams alone was £60. Things have moved on from the magnolia range!!!
I then looked at the "premium Skincare' in Boots. Dr Lowe was there amongst others. They were all on the bottom shelf and covered in dust. The packaging had seen better days.

Over the years I have watched one "Professional Range" after another following suit and and going down the retail line. I feel they sold "salons down the river" yet it was us "professionals" that put them where they were.

I used Decleor for years. Then we were told they were going to be sold in John Lewis (I had one only a few miles away). My retail sales plummeted.

I now believe Decleor is no longer in John Lewis. I wonder why? Perhaps their sales weren't high enough for John Lewis.

I think it's a shame Eve Taylor has done this.

What a shame (I'm now glad that I went with Swissdermyl).

Unfortunately some clients won't see the difference in a salon brand or something you buy from Boots in terms of home skin care, especially if the name is the same. I think this will hit the therapists hard!

I will wait and see what happens. If it affects me much, then I'm out!! I have a good idea where I will go:wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back