Excessive grease driving my client to despair.... by ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I have a client who suffers with extremely greasy hair she has had blood tests there is nothin hormonal going on ..... But the problem has got worse and she washes her hair in the morning and by time she goes to bed it's really greasy again,
She has highlights with bleach and two colors of tint, she said she wonders if having a full head of bleach and a tint over the top would dry her hAir out I said don't think this would look good buy advised a full head of really close bleach highlights and a toner would look better if she wanted to try...... Has anyone had a client with this problem and do you have any suggestions what I can suggest for her to try? Shampoos .. Products? Colouring services to help dry out the hair??
Any advise be great I really feel for this lady
Thanks xx

Wella used to do a regulate range for this which was really good, the shampoo is thick and gunge like but it works!!

Redken do an oill detox shampoo designed for excessivly oily scalps.

I had a client in the other day and it totally stumped me. I'm use to recommending nice shampoos that add moisture. I just had no idea what to tell her to use to dry her hair out. Am gonna give her a call today to let her know what u guys have suggested.

Thanx

Tea tree shampoo and conditioner in Paul Mitchell is a great shampoo for oily hair. Did you ask about diet etc?? Suggest she drinks more water, does she run her hands through her hair alot?

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

Yeah she was really good new all the little tricks like a cool rinse After. It was slightly greasey after I wash and blow dried it and I used our least moisturising shampoo and put the tiniest bit of conditioner on the ends and rinsed it loads to.

I will never complain that my hair I greasey again!!

Xx

Maybe try conditioner full time, same idea if someone doesn't moisturise their face it goes greasy quicker, if you get where I'm coming from?

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

Maybe she could try the dry shampoos that seem to be coming popular again. I understand they are more advanced these days. Batist (sp) I think is one.

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Thanks for your help geeks she's gone and ordered everything u suggested! X

I know this is a late reply but loreal do a shampoo called sensi balance. We use it in my salon where I work and I was told it contains acids (it smells really fresh and lemony fruity) that target the grease. It's quite thick but is good for greasy hair when clients come in! :) xx

Latest posts

Back