Expanding a mobile business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlekate

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been mobile for 3 years now and am very busy. I get a lot of clients from outside my area calling for appointments but at the moment it just isn't worth me travelling further for clients as I already have enough business locally.

I hate having to turn people away though and am wondering how to possibly expand my business into other areas.

I'd like to possibly employ someone else to help but not sure that anyone would want to work as a mobile for someone else?

Has anyone done this before or have any ideas?? I'd really appreciate your help.

Is it maybe time to rent space in a salon so you can fit more clients into your day by cutting out the travel?
That way you fit more clients in without working ever longer hours.
Really can't see that employing someone and paying for a car for her to work mobile for you is a great idea. If it worked, believe me, every salon would have a little fleet! It's a recipe for being ripped off and incurring high costs, and lets face it, your busy because the clients want and like you.

There are lots of mobile businesses in London who employ other therapists to work mobile e.g return to glory. I think they take a certain amount from every booking and the rest goes to the therapist. You basically act as an introduction to the therapists as the clients book through you. This changes the whole feel of the business though as you cannot guarantee the quality of the treatment and would have to be really careful about who you employed so they didn't steal your clients and take your cut. It may be more hassle than it's worth though. :hug:

Why not put your prices up instead?

I agree, it wouldn't really be beneficial to employ anyone else to do mobile for you in areas you feel are out of your area.
Another possibility would be to add a certain amount per extra mile that you have to travel on top of your treatment costs to cover areas outside of your catchment area?:) xXx

Thanks for the replies :)

I did think it was a bit difficult to try and expand the mobile thing. I would love to find a space to work from but I have looked everywhere in my area and can't find a single room :( will keep searching!

I did think of putting extra charges onto clients outside my area but its more the time it takes to get there than the costs. It seems silly to travel half hour each way when I could get another client in to that time.

The problem is all my clients love me coming to them! Will keep on thinking!!

Latest posts

Back