Expanding Services

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natjeeling

Reaction score
Hi

I'm currently qualified in mani's, pedi's and spray tanning and offer these as a mobile service. However, my hairdresser has asked if I would like to rent one of his rooms on a self employed basis.
At the moment I work in a IT training job but really want to go into beauty so I have been building that up and it has been going really well, I've had to turn away customers due to the restriction on the working hours. I want to stick at this for the next few months to pay off some debt and then quit my training job.
What would you suggest the best treatments would be for me to train in and offer to expand my business?:confused::idea:

I've been to see the hairdresser and discuss rates and he's offering the room for £90 per week, which I think is great but I'm concerned that with working in another job if I will make much money. Should I stay mobile?:confused:

Hiya!

Just wondering, is there any way you could do both i.e. reduce your hours in your current job and do more on the beauty side? I work 9 - 3 every day so offer a mobile service anytime outside these hours and weekends. Plus if the hairdressers was open late one night, you could do a late night too. That way you spread the risk - you've still got a steady income coming in from your "day job" but can build up a clientele in your room at the hairdressers.

Just an idea!!

Also, I find waxing and facials good "bread and butter" treatments to offer. They should always keep you going, along with tanning!!

Good luck xxxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back