Experienced Brisa Techs - Couple of Questions I Need Advice on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
Hi all - couple of questions :

Most efficient way of working on hands - 1 or 2 lamps

it has been a year since my training and will be a month or so before i book a 1:1. I do have two Brisa lamps as this is extremely efficient when doing Brisa Toes.

When working on fingers - would you work on 4 fingers - cure - work on other four fingers (ie work on one hand whilst other hand curing - then final stages of all fingers wipe off inhibition layers and work on the two thumbs bringing them to the same stage - then buff to smooth all before applying finishing gloss to all

or

would you work on four fingers one hand and thumb from other hand at a time

does anyone else use two lamps and find it useful ???

Is there another more efficient way of working ??

ALSO

Brisa Sculpting Forms - do you tuck the bit you pinch together underneath somehow or wrap round finger or cut off hanging bit ??? as ive found when fingers go under lamp with the forms on there is a possibility that the bottom of the forms get knocked and possibly move the form and product

Hope these questions both make sense

Thanks for your help and comments

kx

Hi Karren

When i use brisa i do 4 fingers for each hand then the thumbs then wipe them all.

As for the forms i cut one hanging bit off and tuck the other around it. I do ask the clients NOT to press on the forms while in the lamp and when i am sculpting the free edge i tend to only do 2 at once.

HTH

hi hun

do you use two lamps or one ??? thats how ive been doing them and wondered if there was a more efficient / smarter way of working with the two lamps

kx

Little Angel said:
Hi Karren

When i use brisa i do 4 fingers for each hand then the thumbs then wipe them all.

As for the forms i cut one hanging bit off and tuck the other around it. I do ask the clients NOT to press on the forms while in the lamp and when i am sculpting the free edge i tend to only do 2 at once.

HTH

Hey

well i do have 2 lamps but the other tech is usually using the other if she isn't i will though its far more comfortable for the client and you don't have them in an awkward position either with two lamps.

this is how i do it:

work on four fingers cure
Whilst curing work on the other 4 fingers,cure
Do this until you need to wipe off the inhibition layer
do two thumbs.

When doing the whites i also do 2 at a time. I only use one lamp, as being mobile i wouldn't be able to fit 2 onto my table. Don't know if using 2 lamps would make it quicker as the first hand is always cured under the lamp when the second is ready to go in... does that make sense

Hi ya

i use 2 lamps...find it much quicker, and more comfortable for the client.

I do 4 at a time..then thumbs.....unless its the paint on white i do 2 at a time - freeze - then other 2 and cure for 2 mins...swap over to other hand...do the same then thumbs.

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya.....I use 1 lamp...but do want to get another just so my clients dont have to sit with there arms crossed over one another...

I do 4 fingers then thumbs also....i find that the thumb is on a angle while doing the fingers so although Brisa isnt a runny gel it can sometimes when glide over slightly on the thumb while at this angle...the only time i dont do four fingers is when doing the whites....i use the paint on white and do all 5 at a time...i have picked up my speed doing the white now so dont feel the need anymore.

Sculpts....not that i have done many....but....i rip of 1 of the flaps first so that it wraps over underneath....then the form is not sticking out under the finger and will lie flat in the lamp.

HTH.....how you finding the Brisa ? I love it !!!! xx

I do four fingers on the right hand and the thumb on the left and cure all in one go then vice versa.

I haven't sculpted yet but I defo would cut the tab off before insert into the lamp

I don't have two lamps, and dont have the room pluse I think my work station would look to crowded and cramped.

Im loving it hun ! Have been doing toes for nearly a year and i have just had my one brisa gel client back for her first rebalance, and i know i shouldnt be shocked ! but im always nervous when my first client of any new treatment returns ... no lifting (i know i shouldnt be surprised), no probs AT ALL - NEXT ! lol

This has given me the confidence to now offer on fingers as well as l&p

Just need to organise sometime to get a 1:1 to polish up and learn any new techniques there maybe since the launch of this product last year

Thanks for help, and everyone else's comments

kx

NailStyle said:
Hiya.....I use 1 lamp...but do want to get another just so my clients dont have to sit with there arms crossed over one another...

I do 4 fingers then thumbs also....i find that the thumb is on a angle while doing the fingers so although Brisa isnt a runny gel it can sometimes when glide over slightly on the thumb while at this angle...the only time i dont do four fingers is when doing the whites....i use the paint on white and do all 5 at a time...i have picked up my speed doing the white now so dont feel the need anymore.

Sculpts....not that i have done many....but....i rip of 1 of the flaps first so that it wraps over underneath....then the form is not sticking out under the finger and will lie flat in the lamp.

HTH.....how you finding the Brisa ? I love it !!!! xx

p.s. Im loving the white sculpting gel too which is what i struggled with initially ! lovely and thin and strong and easy to use (yeh now i have the hang of it !! lol)

kx

having only one Brisa finger client (well one client 10 fingers/thumbs ! lol) - i cant work out then what may be more efficient still -

one lamp doing four fingers / 1 thumb other hand
two lamps doing alternate four fingers, then both thumbs

am i just too dumb this afternoon is it obviously the latter ?? or not necessarily as you are doing effectively 3 sets of timings ?

someone put me out of my misery - if you had two lamps would you still use one lamp doing it first way or use both lamps doing it the latter way ??????

clients from 5 so you wont have any other daft queries til later !

kx

Fab Freak said:
I do four fingers on the right hand and the thumb on the left and cure all in one go then vice versa.

I haven't sculpted yet but I defo would cut the tab off before insert into the lamp

I don't have two lamps, and dont have the room pluse I think my work station would look to crowded and cramped.

Hi Karren

With my bio gel I have 2 lamps, when I have both available I do 4 fingers and whilst curing work on other 4 fingers, then do thumbs. It makes sense to be getting on with the other hand whilst one is curing.

Regards
Deb379

Latest posts

Back