extraction fans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
just a bit of a boring thread really, i purchased an extraction fan a few weeks ago, as i was starting to suffer with coughing, i put this down to me breathing in the particles from filing,(tho it wasnt much), anyhow, i got this extraction fan that was advertised in Geekbay, and all i can say is "its brill", and for £35 you cant go wrong, it is well worth the money, the reduction in dust particles is amazing, there aint no more particle making there way upwards towards my overhead lamp, the client isnt covered in this awful dust (neither am i) its great, so for anyone thinking about getting one of these, all i can say is GET ONE, you wont be sorry, even my clients have noticed a difference in the reduction of dust

What make are these extractor fans?? I have e-mailed to see if there are any left but thought that I would also see if there are any for sale elsewhere.

Peter Pan said:
just a bit of a boring thread really, i purchased an extraction fan a few weeks ago, as i was starting to suffer with coughing, i put this down to me breathing in the particles from filing,(tho it wasnt much), anyhow, i got this extraction fan that was advertised in Geekbay, and all i can say is "its brill", and for £35 you cant go wrong, it is well worth the money, the reduction in dust particles is amazing, there aint no more particle making there way upwards towards my overhead lamp, the client isnt covered in this awful dust (neither am i) its great, so for anyone thinking about getting one of these, all i can say is GET ONE, you wont be sorry, even my clients have noticed a difference in the reduction of dust

Hi Glynis
Do they make a lot of noise?

I think that they were origianlly for sale on GEEKBAY and I have PM'd the seller to see if there are any more left.

Peter Pan said:
they are not very noisy at all, like i said there is no name on it, ill put the item number up again, but im afraid it is ebay chucks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NAIL-DUST-EXTRACTOR-FAN-NEW-Professional-Beauty_W0QQitemZ5637318862QQcategoryZ67571QQssPageNameZWD4VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this one is at 99p at the moment but has been used, the other one i found is £75 (they both the same)
get bidding

Item number 5637654156 on e-bay is Buy it now at £38 for this fan there 4 still available

Marilyn said:
Item number 5637654156 on e-bay is Buy it now at £38 for this fan there 4 still available

oh i didnt come across that one chuck - sorry.

go buy it, you wont regret it chuck really, i wouldnt be without mine now, best £38 spent

Peter Pan said:
oh i didnt come across that one chuck - sorry.

go buy it, you wont regret it chuck really, i wouldnt be without mine now, best £38 spent

Already bought one and I am also bidding on the 99p one.:biggrin:

sounds amazing!

can someone explain how you position it? i can't picture whereabouts you would put it...?

def gonna try and get one! I HATE DUST!!!!

I PM'd the person selling the one on Geekbay and she still had some available, why not try there.

What does this mean was written with this item for sale

Shaped like a comfort wedge to help support clients wrists and technicians and may help prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.

Caz xxx

That is a nice price, the one I have been looking at was in the region of £145.

Thanks Glynis for sharing

Take care xx

any1 know where i can get one that can be intergrated into a desk?
x

crazysaz said:
any1 know where i can get one that can be intergrated into a desk?
x

I have desk integrated one and do not find it that good, not strong enough although it does help a little

Just been looking around the shops and Woolworths is selling a air purifier which lonises and sterililises air. This is what was written on the box uv-c germicidal device, violet rays to kill, it said it was great for dust, secondary smoke, and lots of other things it is made by SLEMCKA.

IT WAS £79.00 BUT NOW IT HAS BEEN REDUCED TO £29.99.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

CAZ XXX

caz3 said:
Just been looking around the shops and Woolworths is selling a air purifier which lonises and sterililises air. This is what was written on the box uv-c germicidal device, violet rays to kill, it said it was great for dust, secondary smoke, and lots of other things it is made by SLEMCKA.

IT WAS £79.00 BUT NOW IT HAS BEEN REDUCED TO £29.99.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

CAZ XXX

It would all depend on how strong the motor was and if it is only designed to remove normal levels of dust...we produce much more than normal levels so it might not be strong enough. I have an air purifier/ionizer/dust remover at the moment and it is not enough to remove the fumes and dust in my home salon. Also, are the filters washable (mine are NOT)? This can ultimately make it an expensive product. There are some strong ones still available in Geekbay and on e-bay £35/£38 which have washable filters and peter pan said on her thread that they are brillaint. I have now bought one of those. HTH :D

Marilyn said:
It would all depend on how strong the motor was and if it is only designed to remove normal levels of dust...we produce much more than normal levels so it might not be strong enough. I have an air purifier/ionizer/dust remover at the moment and it is not enough to remove the fumes and dust in my home salon. Also, are the filters washable (mine are NOT)? This can ultimately make it an expensive product. There are some strong ones still available in Geekbay and on e-bay £35/£38 which have washable filters and peter pan said on her thread that they are brillaint. I have now bought one of those. HTH :D

OK I THINK I WILL GO FOR THE ONE YOU GIRLS ARE GOING FOR I DID POST A QUESTION ABOUT THESE YESTERDAY IT SAYS YOU CAN REST CLIENTS WRIST OR SOMETHING LIKE THIS DOES THE CLIENT LAY THERE WRIST ON TOP OF THIS FAN?

CAZ XXX

caz3 said:
OK I THINK I WILL GO FOR THE ONE YOU GIRLS ARE GOING FOR I DID POST A QUESTION ABOUT THESE YESTERDAY IT SAYS YOU CAN REST CLIENTS WRIST OR SOMETHING LIKE THIS DOES THE CLIENT LAY THERE WRIST ON TOP OF THIS FAN?

CAZ XXX

It did say that in the advert but I will also try mine to the side of my desk too just incase the height is too high for the client to rest on and they get uncomfortable. I assume that the fan side faces the nail tech and the client has their hands on top so that their fingers overhang towards the nail tech and then the dust gets sucked away as you file...havent got mine yet so dont know maybe PM peter pan on that one as she has hers already.:biggrin:

Marilyn said:
It did say that in the advert but I will also try mine to the side of my desk too just incase the height is too high for the client to rest on and they get uncomfortable. I assume that the fan side faces the nail tech and the client has their hands on top so that their fingers overhang towards the nail tech and then the dust gets sucked away as you file...havent got mine yet so dont know maybe PM peter pan on that one as she has hers already.:biggrin:

Ok thanks very much for your help.

Caz xxx:biggrin:

hi there everyone thank you for your messages about my nail dust extractors glad you liked them those that have them already.
just a few left now see my web site http://healingdetox.easywebstore.co.uk bit cheaper then ebay as no fees to pay.

Latest posts

Back