Extreme curved nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailz666

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if there was any connection with pocket lifting and extreme curved nails. I have this lady who is still rather a new client and she has extremely curved nails. I mean they point directly south as soon as they leave the nail bed. Anyways I have noticed that she has had pocket lifting on almost every finger and had it last time I did her nails a few weeks back as well. There is no lifting at the cuticle just at the apex/ stress area. I don't normally see this in any of my other clients so I am sure it's not the product. I did try a slightly more flexible product on her today hoping that in a few weeks I won't see the same problem. Any other suggestions???

I would imagine that as her nails grow they pull away from the attached tip/overlay therefore forcing the lifting.

My auntie has similar nail growth on a couple of her fingers, they literally curl over the tip of her finger, she has to keep them short with hardly any free edge as they start to grow into her finger !!!!!!!

Sorry I personally don't have any advice but I'm sure that some of the other Geeks have come across this before... there must be over a thousand years of experience with all the techs on the site........

Out of interest... what system have you used on her nails?

Hiya...

I used NSI classic pink but thought I would try the competion bright pink, it seems to have a bit more flexiblity to it. We will see in a few weeks when she comes back in. Thanks though.

Latest posts

Back