Eyebrow wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mixnmatch1

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what wax does everyone use for eyebrow waxing?
Hot wax or strip wax and what do you use underneath?

I use cream strip wax (always have done)but i am seriously considering switching to hot wax on the face area.
I have just started using jasmine oil underneath my wax instead of talc for both strip waxing and hot waxing and loving itis jasmine oil ok for the facial skin?

would be interested to hear what eveyone else uses :)

If I am really honest I swop and change depending on the client. I find I get a better line with a thin application of creme wax for eyebrows but use non strip on the face. I think it's great to be able to use both waxes confidently.:D

we use both in our salon aswell depends on the clients preference we do charge extra for use of hot wax and i always encourage my clients to try the hot wax too if they haven't used it before i apply strip wax to one side and hot to the other side just so clients can see fee and experience the difference between them both and make a completely informed and unbiased decision :D

I use warm creme wax on smaller areas.... i find i can get a more accurate finish with it. I might use hot wax on larger areas.. legs etc but in general prefer warm creme wax.
x

You use hot wax on larger areas??? Why?

That would work out more expensive and slower than warm wax...

I use hot wax on eyebrows (with oil) and on intimate waxing areas (I also use it on a couple of bits with male back and stomach waxes to start my lines) and I use warm wax on the rest :)

I have just started using PR hot for eyebrows and any other facial waxing. You don't need to use oil on the face. X :)

I use hot for everywhere but legs, having said that I do have clients who have fine downy hair on face and chin which needs strip. If your confident with both types you know when to use them. I just prefer hot for ease of use and less pain but it dosn't suit all hair types.

I have tried it with both waxes but for the face I find the hard wax the better option as its much gentler on the skin and more comfortable for the client

I have just started using PR hot for eyebrows and any other facial waxing. You don't need to use oil on the face. X :)

You use PR hot wax on the face with no oil underneath?!!

I use hot wax for facial and brow waxing………..however, strip wax is best if you want to remove tint from the skin and better for fine hairs.

You use PR hot wax on the face with no oil underneath?!!

Some of the very experienced waxers don't use the oil on faces when using the non strip waxes. Personal preference again. :D

Can I ask why you charge more for hot wax? I know it's a more expensive product to buy but wouldn't think the amount you use would justify a higher cost?

Am just curious.

Personally, I use hot wax or threading for brows.

Can I ask why you charge more for hot wax? I know it's a more expensive product to buy but wouldn't think the amount you use would justify a higher cost?

Am just curious.
I don't charge more for hot wax.

When I did my training we used euro rose hot wax on the face with no oil underneath. My clients prefer it as its much gentler so less redness, which they love as it can be embarrassing walking around with a red lip and chin or red eyebrows.

forgive my ignorance but why no oil on the face but yes to oil on the bikini/underarms? Doesn't it stick like glue to the skin and hurt to pull off? I do find some fluffy hairs left behind when hot waxing a lip for example and imagine not using oil would make sure every single one was removed but isn't there a risk of damaging the delicate skin?

Given the manufacturers state to use oil under I think I'll stick with that (being as it also works LOL)

I haven't forgotten to apply oil to a clients face so can't speak for the difference in effect of using oil correctly and not using oil - but I've forgotten to add oil to my own underarms before now and the amount of expletives was impressive! I think my sailor step dad would have been impressed!!!

So if it's all the same I'll stick with using oil thanks! ;)

Latest posts

Back